Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with axis camera setup

Rwood359 Guest

Default Re: Problems with axis camera setup

Quote Originally Posted by rfolea View Post
    Where are you seeing instructions that tell you to set the PC address to .90?
    The FRC Programming Guide
    http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2631
    Page 3-2
    For whatever reason, I used that guide and it cost me some time to figure out the problem. I was pointing out the error for others.

I can set up the camera to function when connected directly to my computer. How do I communicate with the camera when it is hooked up to cRIO port 2? I am able to ping cRIO port #1 (10.xx.yy.2) but I am unable to ping cRIO port #2 (192.168.0.3) or communicate with the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Randylevering View Post
    I can set up the camera to function when connected directly to my computer. How do I communicate with the camera when it is hooked up to cRIO port 2? I am able to ping cRIO port #1 (10.xx.yy.2) but I am unable to ping cRIO port #2 (192.168.0.3) or communicate with the camera.
    Once it's connected to the cRIO, your PC won't be able to see it directly. You need to run a program on the cRIO. The default LabVIEW code process the data and sends it to the dashboard, if enabled (not sure about C++). There are examples for using the camera with both programming environments.

Hope that helps.
    Team 330/294 alpha tester

Thumbs up Re: Problems with axis camera setup

O.K. first off thank you to everyone who replied. All of your advice has been very helpful.
    Second, sorry for not posting back sooner, I haven't been able to get to my desk the last few days.

Now the problem I was having. It turned out that disabling the Firewall helped. I also was having problems with my network bridge not being properly set. After running the network setup wizard (3 times) and disabling the firewall, we finally got the laptop to communicate with the camera. We are now up and running.

Now on another topic, I'm loving the new system but, I can't wait for the instruction manual(s) to be revised. It seems that some of the "pointing" suggestions could be cleared up (like section 3.2 "setting the IP address", and also the driver station firmware update refering to name the file DSUB_PKG.BIN not DSUB_PKG).

I'm sure that these matters will be cleaned up soon. After all, with the new system, we are all guiney pigs this year and I know it takes a lot of time and educated trial and error steps to develop good new systems.

Again thank you to everyone.
    Team 2054 "Viking Robotix"
    Hopkins High School, Hopkins, MI
    Head Electrical/Programming mentor

The orange cable that came in the KOP is a crossover cable.
    The cRIO does not have autosense, so it must be connected to the camera via the crossover cable. Your PC may have autosense, if so it would work with either type of cable. I took this from chief delphi, it helped me.

We are having a similar problem with the camera. The LabVIEW program that came on the classmate called Setup Axis Camera is supposed to be run to set up communications with the camera, but when I try to run it, I get an error message

Unable to locate the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine.

AxisCameraSetup requires a version 8.5.1 (or compatible) LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. Please contact the vendor of AxisCameraSetup to correct this problem.

The classmate we have has LabVIEW 8.6.1 installed, which I would assume is compatible with 8.5.1. Any suggestions for things to try?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    We are having a similar problem with the camera. The LabVIEW program that came on the classmate called Setup Axis Camera is supposed to be run to set up communications with the camera, but when I try to run it, I get an error message

Unable to locate the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine.

AxisCameraSetup requires a version 8.5.1 (or compatible) LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. Please contact the vendor of AxisCameraSetup to correct this problem.

The classmate we have has LabVIEW 8.6.1 installed, which I would assume is compatible with 8.5.1. Any suggestions for things to try?
    Is this before or after installing the mandatory LabVIEW update?

After. We have completely updated all of the software on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    After. We have completely updated all of the software on the computer.
    I know some of the beta teams ran into this and it was fixed in the update. The fact that it isn't working seems to be an indication that you have not successfully completed the LabVIEW update.

Quote Originally Posted by electricman View Post
    Hi. We received our early kit friday, and we are having some problems with "setup axis camera". We keep getting a message of:

"unable to complete operation because of unexpected error %d: %s 59 TCP open connection in axis Issue http request with authentication. vi-> axis issue get.vi-> axis create FRC user.vi-> dialog.vi"

We went through all the steps in chapter 5, including setting our static IP address to 192.168.0.90 and we are still getting the same message.

If someone can give team 2054 a little help it would be greatly appreciated.

are you connecting it with a cross over? thats how ours is connected to the crio in port 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information