Thread: Looking to purchase robotics medals for tournament

Default Looking to purchase robotics medals for tournament

Our robotics club hosts an FLL style tournament at the end of the school year for our elementary schools. Not every school participates. We have a $400 budget to purchase medals for about 200 students.

Does anyone know of a company that could provide a nice metal medal with a ribbon necklace in our price range? We can spend a little more if we have to.

I'm also looking for a robotics logo. All of the schools use NXT's. I'm not sure if we can afford custom medals, but this is a long term project and we'd be willing to pay for a die if the price isn't too high.

Randy

Default Re: Looking to purchase robotics medals for tournament

This didn't seem like such a problem, so I did a search "medal awards for sale". short browse of one site turned up this place. I cannot testify about this particular supplier, but it seems they can get very close to your budget AND make custom artwork for the inserts. Read their site carefully or do a search for others. I was merely interested to see if your idea was a possibility. Our local qualifier round used pins this year instead of medals. Gee. Another search coming up . . .
    Bill Bourn
    Coach, FLL#91 F L eLements
    Mentor, FRC#2170 Titanium Tomahawks

Bill,

I've completed several searches and have a couple of leads. The problem is you don't really know the quality of the medal unless you place an order. I was wondering in anyone has used a company in the past they could recommend.

I've actually used Crown Trophy in New Hampshire to order trophies for FLL. They have the FLL artwork and know the number and the size of the trophies needed.

We have Badge-a-Minute machines at school. I've seen several FRC teams and a few FLL teams giving them out at tournaments. They will be Plan B.

Thanks,

Randy

You can try aframeawards.com in Michigan.

Crown Trophy in Hooksett, NH. is where Leroy, our operation partner gets all of the medal and trophies for our region.
    Here is their website http://www.crowntrophy.com/store-18

Here is where I buy the non-championship medals from in Florida:

http://www.adtrophy.com/asearch/0/2/...pr_name=custom

If you give Andrew a email/call he can let you know how you can send him artwork for the custom insert. This way you can make your own medals with this years logo on it and maybe your district name or whatever you want.

They are nice medal medals and you ca choose from a lot of different ribbons.

Laura
    --Laura

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    Crown Trophy in Hooksett, NH. is where Leroy, our operation partner gets all of the medal and trophies for our region.
    Here is their website http://www.crowntrophy.com/store-18
    Jose, I just called the store and they have told me that ordering trophies that have the same insert and column as one obtained from FLL would require a purchase of 50. Have you found another way to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by RvRDilemma View Post
    Jose, I just called the store and they have told me that ordering trophies that have the same insert and column as one obtained from FLL would require a purchase of 50. Have you found another way to do this?
    In 2008, I was able to order just two FLL plaques from Crown Trophy. They were very accommodating and of course the plaques had the proper FLL logo. You might try this.

Quote Originally Posted by bananabots View Post
    In 2008, I was able to order just two FLL plaques from Crown Trophy. They were very accommodating and of course the plaques had the proper FLL logo. You might try this.
    Thanks, I got it sorted out. I accidentally called the corporate office. The specific store off was extremely helpful.

Thread Information