Thread: Robot design executive summary_Hard to understand

Default Robot design executive summary_Hard to understand

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for teams to complete the robot design executive summary. It has been a challenge to try and get some practical guidance about getting this across to the team--as well as the judges.

Default Re: Robot design executive summary_Hard to understand

There was a previous thread that touched briefly on the robot design executive summary.
    A post by Dean had some good suggestions.

Here's a link to a description of the robot design executive summary from larobotics.org.

Our region didn't use the robot design executive summary, so I don't have any direct experience with it. However, our team does usually prepare a handout to give to the judges that describes our robot and attachments, and lists the missions it performs. I'll upload a copy later to this thread to give people an example.
    Last edited by timdavid; 03-24-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Default Re: Robot design executive summary_Hard to understand

Attached is a sample of a technical handout our team typically gives to judges during the robot design judging. We also usually attach a spreadsheet that list the missions the robot attempts, with the attachment for each mission, the point totals, and any other relevant information.

The handout does NOT contain the exact information requested in the robot design executive summary, but it might give you an idea of things you may wish to highlight in a summary.

I think having the kids prepare a document like this helps them focus on things they wish to emphasize to the judges. It also gives the judges something to help remember the team after the session, and may prompt questions during the judging session.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information