Thread: CO Regional Post-Event Notes

Default CO Regional Post-Event Notes

Was today's call canceled?

I wrote up some noted during the Awards Saturday, but I'm on business travel and don't have them in front of me. Here are a few I recall. I'll add another entry when I get home.

Wed and Thurs were a REAL pain. Lots of little issues. Once we got through them, though, Friday and Sat were pretty smooth. Thanks to Derek, Josh, Eric and Kevin!

-We started Practice rounds Thurs an hour and a half late because the venue had 128 wireless access points active. We had to work with the facility crew to get fewer than 60 so that the robots could actually communicate with the field. Something to check early.

-The USB ports in the Scorpion case for the keyboard and mouse stopped working midway through Friday. We unplugged the printer and moved the back-up flash drive to use the ports on the front of the PCA.

-I was asked to disable a rogue robot during the teleop portion of a match, but Bypass did not work. I had to use the DQ then remove it when the match was over.

-Though the logic diagram was helpful, it was a real pain during Qualifications to know whether to issue a team a red card or to DQ them. It depends on if they have been inspected. If no one shows up, you don't really know.

-We only got one power source from the venue that would stay on all night. The other two would get shut off after the Pits closed. We tried to put the "important" stuff on power strips from that one source (Scorpion case, both SCCs, the FCUI, etc), but we kept tripping the GFI. The venue electrician, Rick, was very helpful in troubleshooting. He thought it might be a combination of "small leaks to ground." We put the SCCs on the 2 other power sources and it solved the problem.

Default Re: CO Regional Post-Event Notes

Quote Originally Posted by jumscheid View Post
    -Though the logic diagram was helpful, it was a real pain during Qualifications to know whether to issue a team a red card or to DQ them. It depends on if they have been inspected. If no one shows up, you don't really know.
    If no one showed up, then they should have gotten a red card. A representative from the team still needs to check in, even if they haven't passed inspection.

In the two events I've worked, we had it worked out that the lead queuer would tell me if a team had checked in but didn't have a robot on the field, and if they'd passed inspection or not. We also had radios back to the pits to check on inspections. My theory is, if there is no robot on the field just bypass the team, and I can add the DQ or red card after the match is finished before committing the score to give more time to verify what the correct situation is.

The only time I've had a problem figuring out if a team was inspected or not was when a team reported to the field with a driver and a human player, but no robot, and told the lead queuer, the head ref and the other teams in their alliance that they had passed inspection. We weren't able to get the lead inspector on the radio to verify that they had passed inspection until after the match had started, and it turned out they had not and the whole alliance ended up with red cards.

Thread Information