Thread: Assignment of team numbers

Default Assignment of team numbers

Each time I have registered a team, we have been assigned what is apparently a number based on the the elapsed time from registration startup and the number of teams already registered. This effectively resets the team numbers for each year. At least, that is what I thought until a recent conversation with a team at the world festival this year. An adult member of team 42 claimed that they have had that number for the last five years. My reply was that I did not know how it were possible to request a specific team number when registering for a new season. I remember thinking that someone in Ohio has a friend in Manchester, NH.

Can anyone comment further on the assignment of team numbers for FLL? BTW, I'm not looking for a specific number for this year. We're going to make team 37 the talk of the FLL Senior Solutions world.
    Bill Bourn
    Coach, FLL#91 F L eLements
    Mentor, FRC#2170 Titanium Tomahawks

Default Re: Assignment of team numbers

I have the same question into FIRST...we would like to retain our number from last year. We don't have any shirts or stuff like that with it printed, but just sorta got used to it, ya know.

FRC keeps theirs, right?

FLL team numbers are refreshed each year. There is no way to request a number. If a team has the same number from year to year that is pretty amazing.

The system gets reset right after world festival. First team to sign up gets team number 1.
    --Laura

Quote Originally Posted by GWhizNonKid View Post
    ... An adult member of team 42 claimed that they have had that number for the last five years. My reply was that I did not know how it were possible to request a specific team number when registering for a new season. I remember thinking that someone in Ohio has a friend in Manchester, NH.
    Team 42? As fans of the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" know, 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

My guess is that either your initial suspicion is correct (they have a friend in NH), or the adult member is a Hitchhiker's fan who is pulling your leg.

Maybe it's an FTC team he's talking about? My understanding is that FTC keeps numbers from one year to the next.
    Terry Sauer
    Coach, Team SNAP
    Westport, CT USA

Hi everyone -

FLL team numbers reset each season. TSauer may be correct, is it an FTC team?

Thanks.
    FLL HQ
    Manchester, NH

Thread Information