Thread: FRCSim 2017 Field

Default FRCSim 2017 Field

This web page states that instructions are available for downloading a 2017 field for FRCSim:
    http://www.firstinspires.org/resourc...7-kit-of-parts

I have not found a 2017 field posted. Should we still expect this to be posted?

Default Re: FRCSim 2017 Field

I don't believe there are any plans to release a 2017 world model. I believe the text on that page included that in error.
    FIRST
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Is FRCSim a suggested tool in 2017? I'm having a hard time following the installation instructions on Ubuntu. The instructions are for Ubuntu 14, and FRCSim from at least a year back (or further). If anyone could help a fairly computer-savvy person with installing FRCSim on Ubuntu 16 and Gazebo 8, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanmc View Post
    Is FRCSim a suggested tool in 2017? I'm having a hard time following the installation instructions on Ubuntu. The instructions are for Ubuntu 14, and FRCSim from at least a year back (or further). If anyone could help a fairly computer-savvy person with installing FRCSim on Ubuntu 16 and Gazebo 8, that would be great.
    The simulation instructions do not seem to have been properly updated for this season. It looks like some people here have had some luck, perhaps that can get you going in the right direction: https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/s...ghlight=frcsim
    FIRST
    FRC Robotics Engineer

FRCSim allows robot code written in C++ or Java that normally runs on your RoboRIO to be run on your laptop or desktop. It connects to custom robot models in the Gazebo robot simulator.

Thread Information