Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLC Timeout Message

Hi all,

As I've discussed on the Week 1 follow up call, there is a chance that the FMS software may lose communication with the PLC module on the playing field. The PLC module is the component which monitors and captures all the input from the Basket counters, Bridge sensors, and Referee touchscreens.

If this occurs during a match and lasts longer than 10 seconds, the error message (attached) will pop up. If you see it, send a Skype message to Ryan and I. If you clear out the message, it will pop back up if communications between the PLC and FMS remain down for another 10 seconds.

Wait for assistance from Ryan or I once the match ends. Do not Post Results until we have a chance to provide you with all the scoring details of the match.

This error message is only an indication that communications path between FMS and the PLC module has stopped, nothing more. All scores should still be captured in the PLC, and we can help you to recover them and manually input them at the end of the match to avoid the need for a replay.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Matt Pilotte; 03-27-2012, 10:42 AM. Reason: Screenshot of Week 5 error update
    FIRST®
    FRC Electrical Engineering Manager

Re: PLC Timeout Message

Are we supposed to restart the FMS software while in the match or wait until after we get the data from you and post the results?

Comment

DO NOT RESTART FMS DURING THE MATCH.

Notify Ryan or I when you see this error, we will capture the match data and let you know when it is ok to restart the FMS software.
      FIRST®

Comment

I've updated the screenshot in the first post of this thread. The error message has been changed to avoid confusion.
        FIRST®

Comment

Working...
        X