Week 1 problem with Ref panels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 problem with Ref panels

I sent Matt a PM on this, but am not sure if you received it.

I was a Ref in Week 1 at Lake Superior, and during Preliminaries, the Head Ref warned us that when the Far Red Ref committed scores, the Near Red Ref could no longer change the Tote Scores on their pad. So, we watched the other ref for a signal before committing the scores.

Note: Don't know if the problem existed on the Blue side, but we followed the procedure anyway.

Re: Week 1 problem with Ref panels

Hi Rich,
    So far we have not heard this reported from any other events and we have been unable to reproduce it using our test setups here at HQ. The far side referees (both Red and Blue) do not have the ability to commit scores, so it is possible that there was a misunderstanding between the Referee crew about entering and editing Tote counts.
    If you, or anyone else, notices this happening at a future event please contact your primary support contact via Skype. They can walk you through some additional troubleshooting ideas.
    Thank you.
    --
    Alex Herreid
    Jr Software Engineer, FIRST Robotics Competition
    E aherreid@usfirst.org

Comment

Originally posted by aherreid View Post
      Hi Rich,
      The far side referees (both Red and Blue) do not have the ability to commit scores, so it is possible that there was a misunderstanding between the Referee crew about entering and editing Tote counts.
      What I meant was whatever the far side Ref presses to submit their scores.

The near side ref has to submit twice.

From what I understand, as soon as the far side ref hits their submit button, the near side ref can no longer change their tote score (before the near side ref hits the submit button for the first time). Maybe the clicker doesn't work any more?

It never happened to me. I'll ask the other refs for a better description.

Comment

Never mind. They thought they had a problem until they realized they were not using the pads correctly. The near ref was trying to do the final submit when there were non-matching items.

Comment

Working...
        X