Inspire Set 2017 Aqua Adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspire Set 2017 Aqua Adventure

I see the build instructions and video for the 2017 Inspire Set put have not received our sets yet. Should I worry? FLL you get the pieces week before the instructions are released.
    Thanks
    Shawn
    Shawn -
    Team#388 Amazon River Dolphins
    East Montpelier Vermont.

Originally posted by skasulka View Post
    I see the build instructions and video for the 2017 Inspire Set put have not received our sets yet. Should I worry? FLL you get the pieces week before the instructions are released.
    Thanks
    Shawn
    definitely dont worry. Last year FIRST took about 1.5 - 2 weeks to get them to us after we paid the registration fee. I paid for our first team yesterday and can let you know when we get ours. If you ordered anything from Lego Education, you can expect to get that sooner than your items from FIRST.

Comment

But I registered in beginning of June.
      Shawn -
      East Montpelier Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by skasulka View Post
        But I registered in beginning of June.
        Aqua adventure is FLL Jr and registration opened on August 1st.

Hydrodynamics is FLL and registration was open long before August 1st. Might you have registered for FLL?

If you registered and paid for FLL but you wanted FLL Jr, I suggest you call FIRST. FLL registration costs $225, while FLL Jr costs $99.
        If you wanted FLL, then FIRST wont be sending you anything. You need to order your field kit (after paying the registration fee) via the order products section of the dashboard, where it will lead you to the Lego Education website.

Comment

I talked with FIRST recently and they said that the Aqua Adventure Inspire sets, Engineering Notebooks, Meeting Guide etc. would start shipping out in the middle of August. Yes, it makes no sense to put out the challenge and build instructions August 1st and then wait to send the materials weeks later. I did voice this opinion to them, that it made no sense and didn't mimic FLL, as you stated, where build instructions & materials are sent out prior and then the challenge released later. So you will get your materials, but it may take a few weeks. Also to the prior comment, all FIRST programs opened their registration in May this year, so FLL Jr. teams were able to register and pay in May.

Comment

Originally posted by smileys View Post
            . Also to the prior comment, all FIRST programs opened their registration in May this year, so FLL Jr. teams were able to register and pay in May.
            Thanks for that info. I'll look earlier next year. I did try in july and could NOT register our Jr teams. Strange.

Comment

Have any of you recieved your inspiration kit yet? I haven't. I registered end of July. I'm in Calgary, Alberta , Canada. I noticed some teams in Ontario have recieved theirs. I'm feeling impatient.

Comment

FIRST sent out an email blast today saying that they were being shipped out. We will probably get them soon!

Comment

One of three (for my three teams) arrived but missing the Team Meeting Guide. It seem at the packer did not know that he was doing, I got an extra Engineering Notebook. It clear says the box should be containing the Team Meeting Guide. Hope the other two are not far behind and don't have the same issue. Being I got three team, three new coaches and I never done FLL Jr before, I the one thing I wanted weeks ago. I will be writing FIRST to see what steps are required to get issue rectified and shoot out an update here.
                  Shawn -
                  East Montpelier Vermont.

Comment

Thanks! Yes I recieved the email blast, I had also emailed them directly. They said all have been shipped out this past week and should arrive within 7 to 10 business days.

Comment

Originally posted by LegoMom17 View Post
                      Thanks! Yes I recieved the email blast, I had also emailed them directly. They said all have been shipped out this past week and should arrive within 7 to 10 business days.
                      My club paid for 11 teams as early as August 4th and as late as August 23rd, The teams were set up before that and background checks (mostly) passed. Yesterday, August 26th, we received 10 shipments from FIRST with the JR materials. One team has yet to pass a background check, which must be why we didn't receive 11.

I'd expect you should get your shipments any day now.

Comment

Got other kits and wrote to support and got replacement team meeting guide that got missed in shipment.
                        Shawn -
                        East Montpelier Vermont.

Comment

don't worry dude take it easy

Comment

Working...
                          X