World Festival 2018 Detroit and Houston Community Pages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Festival 2018 Detroit and Houston Community Pages

Just wanted to let everyone know of some useful groups. Our FLL team, Not the Droids You Are Looking For, will be attending World Festival in Detroit.

World Festival Detroit 2018 Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WF2018Detroit/

World Festival Houston 2018 Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WF2018Houston/

Other:
    FLL Share & Learn Online Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FLLShareandLearn/
    FLL Team #51 - Not the Droids You Are Looking For
    EV3Lessons.com Founders

FWIW, I do not have, nor do I wish to get a Facebook account***. Share & Learn is at least readable without an account, but the other two are not.

And since this is our first interaction and don't want to come off as cranky--THANK YOU Droids for all you've done for FLLers over the years!

***(not technically true, but the technicalities don't actually matter here. Let's just say I don't have an account I could use.)

Comment

Updated: Both the World Festival Groups are listed as "public" and anyone can view. So, not sure why you are not able to see the posts.

And thank you for your kind words. This is our last and final year competing as a team, but we will continue to be part of FLL and FIRST, and continue to support all teams.

Originally posted by torgoguy View Post
      FWIW, I do not have, nor do I wish to get a Facebook account***. Share & Learn is at least readable without an account, but the other two are not.

And since this is our first interaction and don't want to come off as cranky--THANK YOU Droids for all you've done for FLLers over the years!

***(not technically true, but the technicalities don't actually matter here. Let's just say I don't have an account I could use.)
      EV3Lessons.com Founders

Comment

Originally posted by EV3Lessons View Post
        Updated: Both the World Festival Groups are listed as "public" and anyone can view. So, not sure why you are not able to see the posts.
        I'm not sure either then. Even if I try going to either of those links with an incognito browser window I still get no posts and a "You must log in to continue" error message.

Can anybody else reproduce the error? (Not being logged in to Facebook results in not being able to see content from either of the two World Festival links?) Or am I just in some special sort of FB hell where FB doesn't want me around :-) ?

Comment

I'm not sure either then. Even if I try going to either of those links with an incognito browser window I still get no posts and a "You must log in to continue" error message.
          I'm being blocked by the same thing --- a "You must log in to continue" message.

Comment

Originally posted by dnb View Post

I'm being blocked by the same thing --- a "You must log in to continue" message.
            Very odd. We are looking around for some setting that would make those 2 WF groups somehow different from Share & Learn. Will try to fix the issue.
            EV3Lessons.com Founders

Comment

Very odd. We are looking around for some setting that would make those 2 WF groups somehow different from Share & Learn. Will try to fix the issue.
              One more data point: The "Seshan Brothers" Facebook page allows me to proceed without logging in.

Comment

Originally posted by dnb View Post

One more data point: The "Seshan Brothers" Facebook page allows me to proceed without logging in.
                Thanks for helping. The Seshan Brothers page is a "page" and functions differently than a "group". The settings on all the groups mentioned above are identical. Maybe there is some FB requirement that they be around for a couple of weeks before being "visible to the public". Tried to Google to find a solution, no one seems to know. Not exactly sure what is going on yet, but we will keep trying and asking around.
                EV3Lessons.com Founders

Comment

Tried to Google to find a solution, no one seems to know. Not exactly sure what is going on yet, but we will keep trying and asking around.
                  The group is probably a good demonstration the both the pros and cons of hosting via FB. Most people think the pros (easier to reach a large audience in this case) outweigh the cons, and it might, at least in the short term. I'm still mostly a FB holdout though, believing that on balance, hosting there is bad for the web, bad for history, bad for culture.

Get off my lawn! :-)

Comment

The group is probably a good demonstration the both the pros and cons of hosting via FB. Most people think the pros (easier to reach a large audience in this case) outweigh the cons, and it might, at least in the short term. I'm still mostly a FB holdout though, believing that on balance, hosting there is bad for the web, bad for history, bad for culture.

Get off my lawn! :-)
                    Every platform has pros and a cons (including this forum). :-) It's all a personal choice. People find the FB group easy and convenient and Share & Learn is very active. Hopefully the WF sites will become "visible" on their own after some period...right now, there are just a few teams as teams are still qualifying.
                    EV3Lessons.com Founders

Comment

Working...
                    X