Junior Member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Member?

Could some one tell me how to "upgrade" my status from "junior member"? Do I need a certain number of posts or a certain length of time?

"Junior member" comes off as a little degrading. Could new members be called something like, oh I don't know, "new member"?
    Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    - Albert Einstein

Re: Junior Member?

Calm down there, Jr.

It must be # of posts. I'm up to 40 and I've lost the Jr. status.

Comment

I became a member the other day at 30 posts.
      Kansas City Region Head Ref 2014-present
      KC Region coaches and teams can ask FLL robot game rules questions at [email protected]

Comment

Now don't everyone go making a whole bunch of dumb posts just to up your counts!

You can also create a custom title as I did, in your profile found under "User CP".
        Last edited by Gary Voshol; 09-09-2011, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I wonder how many posts get you to the next level?

Comment

Gary, I don't see how you change that? Are you a moderator?
            I went through every option under User CP and found no reference.
            Last edited by hastypete; 09-09-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I went to User CP. Then in the left hand panel, the first blue box has a link "Edit Your Details". This opens another page; in the second box down is "Custom User Title".

I'm not a moderator, but I have had an account here for many years. Perhaps newer users, who only enrolled when FLL got merged in, don't get that option?

PS - Anyone have an idea what my User Title means? Think Rene Descartes, loosely.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Voshol View Post
                I went to User CP. Then in the left hand panel, the first blue box has a link "Edit Your Details". This opens another page; in the second box down is "Custom User Title".

I'm not a moderator, but I have had an account here for many years. Perhaps newer users, who only enrolled when FLL got merged in, don't get that option?

PS - Anyone have an idea what my User Title means? Think Rene Descartes, loosely.
                I think, therefore I referee.

Comment

Originally posted by timdavid View Post
                  I think, therefore I referee.
                  Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by hastypete View Post
                    The path to the inner circle of the FLL forums has long been shrouded in mystery. I, myself, have not yet reached the most exalted ranks. However, through painstaking research, and inspired interpretation of the crazed clucks of the lunatic chicken, I have divined the following steps and corresponding rewards:
                    • 55 posts – You achieve the title of “Senior Member” and an AARP discount card
                    • 100 posts – You are given a gold key chain cast in the shape of an RCX robot, and have permission to decry how easy the robot game has become with the advent of the NXT brick.
                    • 300 posts – You gain access to the restricted section of the nxtprograms.com website, which includes instructions on how to build a complete working Saturn V rocket using only the parts in a single NXT kit.
                    • 500 posts – You have lunch with game designer Scott Evans, where he reveals the mission boards for the next ten years, and the ultimate purpose of the farm animals.
                    • 1000 posts – A minifig is created in your likeness, and plays a point-scoring role in a robot mission

Comment

The path to the inner circle of the FLL forums has long been shrouded in mystery. I, myself, have not yet reached the most exalted ranks. However, through painstaking research, and inspired interpretation of the crazed clucks of the lunatic chicken, I have divined the following steps and corresponding rewards:
                      • 55 posts – You achieve the title of “Senior Member” and an AARP discount card
                      • 100 posts – You are given a gold key chain cast in the shape of an RCX robot, and have permission to decry how easy the robot game has become with the advent of the NXT brick.
                      • 300 posts – You gain access to the restricted section of the nxtprograms.com website, which includes instructions on how to build a complete working Saturn V rocket using only the parts in a single NXT kit.
                      • 500 posts – You have lunch with game designer Scott Evans, where he reveals the mission boards for the next ten years, and the ultimate purpose of the farm animals.
                      • 1000 posts – A minifig is created in your likeness, and plays a point-scoring role in a robot mission
                      SWEET! Crazy random posts to up my count starting.... now. I must have the minifig in my likeness.
                      Coaching the Flamingos since 2004!
                      Team #79 - The Blue Cheesy Flamingos
                      https://www.facebook.com/KalamazooFLL
                      http://www.KalamazooRobotics.org

Comment

I would just like to have a minifig replica of the Galileo minifig that was launched on the Juno spacecraft: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ju...o20110803.html

Linda
                        (science teacher)

Comment

[*]300 posts – You gain access to the restricted section of the nxtprograms.com website, which includes instructions on how to build a complete working Saturn V rocket using only the parts in a single NXT kit.
                          I believe that the more lunatic of clucks may have been mis-interpreted by our esteemed colleague timdavid. This is an obvious impossibility, as a Saturn V has a total of (iirc) 11 engines. Since we all know that the NXT brick can only control 3 motors, there's obviously the need for an illegal multiplexor of some kind.

Having said that, I believe I'll set my students on the task of programming a posting-bot out of one of our NXT bricks, so that I don't have to wear my fingers down to stubs in order to get that awesome minifig in my likeness. It's a good thing it'll be a one-of-a-kind; the mold will probably break itself in shock.
                          Kansas City Region Head Ref 2014-present
                          KC Region coaches and teams can ask FLL robot game rules questions at [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Voshol View Post
                            My bet is this is reserved for senior members.
                            RoboDesigners

VRC Team 2190

Visit my website! www.RoboDesigners.com

Twitter: @RoboDesigners

Comment

Well, look at this. Hastypete has 100 posts and is a senior member. Someonewhobikes has 99 and is only a measly member (I shouldn't be talking).

You'd better get another post in!

Comment

Working...
                              X