X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueCheesyFlamingos
    started a topic Forum Subsciprtions

Forum Subsciprtions

I am guessing that email subscriptions for forums (eg research, robot game, etc) are still shut off? Is there a date to when those will be turned back on? It is such a great way to keep up with whats going on.

• Kevin O'Connor
    replied
    Re: Forum Subsciprtions

You're welcome

Leave a comment:

• BlueCheesyFlamingos
    replied

Things are working now Rose! Thanks so much for getting this to fixed.

Leave a comment:

• supersuit
    replied

This is not working for me either.

Leave a comment:

• RoseFRC
    replied

Got it. We'll have to dig deeper, then. My apologies for the delay but I'll continue working on this. I'll send you a direct message when it has been resolved. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• BlueCheesyFlamingos
    replied

We sure are thinking alike. I did that yesterday and it didn't work. I was hoping to open my inbox this morning and see the daily email for each forum.

Leave a comment:

• RoseFRC
    replied

Thanks for the screenshot! Although the 'Settings' main page allows you to view the Forums to which you're subscribed, each Forum Subscription has its own notification settings. Unfortunately, you aren't able to view those settings due to a design flaw. If you don't mind, please re-subscribe to each Forum and select the appropriate e-mail notification setting. Note that the default setting is 'Through my control panel only' (screenshot attached).

If this doesn't work, we'll have to dig a little deeper, but thanks for your patience!

Screenshot_SubForum_SubscriptionNotification.jpg

Leave a comment:

• BlueCheesyFlamingos
    replied

No problem. Here is the screenshot:

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for following up with this!

Leave a comment:

• RoseFRC
    replied

Hi there, could you post a screenshot of your Subscriptions page? You can access that by clicking on 'Settings' in the top right-hand corner of this page. I just want to check your forum subscriptions before providing a diagnosis. Additionally, feel free to send an e-mail with the screenshot to frcteams@usfirst.org (attn: Rose) for direct follow up. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• BlueCheesyFlamingos
    replied

Originally posted by dna1990 View Post
    Everyone has their preference, but I just use one of these shortcuts to see all new posts...

http://forums.usfirst.org/search.php...e=vBForum_Post

http://forums.usfirst.org/activity.php
    Thanks! I will use those until the get the subscriptions back up. For me the email one works the best cause I can skim over the list by thread topic not to mention it reminds me every morning to go check the forums.

Leave a comment:

• dna1990
    replied

Everyone has their preference, but I just use one of these shortcuts to see all new posts...

http://forums.usfirst.org/search.php...e=vBForum_Post

http://forums.usfirst.org/activity.php

Leave a comment:

• Kevin O'Connor
    replied

Thanks for the additional details. I will make sure to get this passed on to the right person.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCheesyFlamingos
    replied

Originally posted by Kevin O'Connor View Post
    Hi,

I do not believe this feature was disabled intentionally (at least as far as I know). On my account I have a button on the bar just above the forum (when viewing the forum and not an individual thread) that says "Forum Tools" with one of the drop down options being "Subscribe to this forum". Is this what you're looking for? (Or do you not have this menu/are subscribed but not receiving emails?)

Let me know and I will try to test/follow up with the appropriate individuals if necessary.
    I already subscribed to that long ago (still shows as subscribed) but I don't get email updates anymore. I asked a few months ago when it was first turned off (intentionally because of spam) and they said when the new boards went up it would get re-enabled.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin O'Connor
    replied

Hi,

I do not believe this feature was disabled intentionally (at least as far as I know). On my account I have a button on the bar just above the forum (when viewing the forum and not an individual thread) that says "Forum Tools" with one of the drop down options being "Subscribe to this forum". Is this what you're looking for? (Or do you not have this menu/are subscribed but not receiving emails?)

Let me know and I will try to test/follow up with the appropriate individuals if necessary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X