SEARCH for older topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEARCH for older topics

In using the Search box from the main page, or the Search Forum button - it does NOT seem to be searching older posts. Certainly those from the older website engine.

I took the word "gremlins" which I found in a random post within Programming. No search options I have tried, yield that post or that word.

This is a super handy feature for new folks that will be arriving here, well any minute now. Is this on purpose, or maybe just some re-indexing thing needs to happen?

Re: SEARCH for older topics

One suggested work-around for readers is to use Google and limit to this website. For example use the following in the Google Search Box:

"gremlins" site:forums.usfirst.org

Comment

In the general settings area for your userid is a place to specify the age of messages to be searched. All messages is at the bottom of the list.
      Bill Bourn
      Coach, FLL#91 F L eLements
      Mentor, FRC#2170 Titanium Tomahawks

Comment

If I follow you, that option only seems to control how many old messages to 'display', not to search?

I changed the option called Default Thread Age Cut Off from Forum Default to All Messages - with no change to search results. Is that the option you meant?

Even with the default, at the bottom of forum pages, it says show threads from "Beginning".

Comment

Working...
        X