X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timdavid
    started a topic Forum Slowness?

Forum Slowness?

Are others finding the forum site to be very slow and unresponsive to their browser? The site is taking 20 or 30 seconds to respond to each mouse click when I use it. I can see in my browser that requests are being made to "services.wpspamhammer.com", so perhaps this is due to some anti-spam measure. The requests are for 'jquery.min.js" and "request.min.js" and they are aborted after 20 to 30 seconds each time they are made.
    Last edited by timdavid; 09-20-2015, 01:54 PM.

• Tom Mosher
    replied
    Re: Forum Slowness?

Bummer that it's running quickly again, there goes all those extra-long coffee breaks.

Leave a comment:

• cschaffer
    replied

Kevin, thanks for the info. I'm sure we all appreciate that you shated this. I definitely do.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin O'Connor
    replied

Sorry about that everyone. The SpamHammer service actually went offline a while ago, and did not appear to have any effect on the forum when it went offline. It appears that the domain itself went away entirely within the past week or so and started causing the issue you all noticed.

I have disabled the SpamHammer plugin which should have forum performance back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• Mike907
    replied

Seems back to normal here, too.

Leave a comment:

• timdavid
    replied

Originally posted by dnb View Post
    Back to normal speed here, with no observable (slow) attempts at accessing wpspamhammer.com.
    Same here - no issues on home, work, or cellular networks. I no longer feel like I'm back to accessing the internet through a dial-up modem ...

Leave a comment:

• dnb
    replied

Originally posted by dna1990 View Post
    HEY! Access from my work PC is back to NORMAL SPEED...!
    OMG OMG

My Megahurtz is back!

Back to normal speed here, with no observable (slow) attempts at accessing wpspamhammer.com.

Leave a comment:

• dna1990
    replied

HEY! Access from my work PC is back to NORMAL SPEED...!

Anyone still seeing slow issues?

Leave a comment:

• CCVH
    replied

At home, with Windows 10, it loads ok. At work, with Windows 7, it takes over a minute to change pages lately.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Mosher
    replied

It is indeed markedly slow. I blame Trash Trek and global warming.

Leave a comment:

• timdavid
    replied

Originally posted by dluders View Post
    To All: Could the pattern of "slowness" be related to the recently-released Windows 10? I'm running Win10 from home in Spokane, WA (where this Forum loads incredibly slow at ~25 seconds per mouse click). What Operating Systems do you have that causes the Forum to load quickly or slowly?
    No, I don't think the slowness is related to the client operating system. I've experienced the slowness with Win7 machines, iPhones, and Macs also.

Leave a comment:

• dluders
    replied

To All: Could the pattern of "slowness" be related to the recently-released Windows 10? I'm running Win10 from home in Spokane, WA (where this Forum loads incredibly slow at ~25 seconds per mouse click). What Operating Systems do you have that causes the Forum to load quickly or slowly?

Leave a comment:

• dna1990
    replied

Consistently slow from my work location and normal response from home location, since last Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• Mike907
    replied

It's still slow as molasses here. ~35 seconds per page load.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• cschaffer
    replied

I havent had any problems from work/home/mobile for a few days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X