Posts being flagged as spam after edittng

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts being flagged as spam after edittng

Several times, I've had posts of mine flagged as spam because I went back into them to correct some typos or wording.

Can we turn that "feature" of the forum off? It's very annoying to see a long post disappear after spending time creating the initial post and then trying to improve it.

Or can we at least have a moderator release the posts suspected as being possible spam from their spot in quarantine?

Comment

Originally posted by timdavid View Post
      Or can we at least have a moderator release the posts suspected as being possible spam from their spot in quarantine?
      Or have access to the "offending" posts as soon as they are flagged so we can manually repost them?

Not being able to edit is a real pain for bad spellers like myself.

Comment

The posts are eventually released. A few of mine magically reappeared last week. It took about a month.

Comment

It could just be me, but the issue seems to be getting worse. I was able to edit a post once or even twice fairly quickly to correct a typo, but the last couple times I tried that, the post was flagged and detained. I apologize in advance for the typos and strange phrasings in any future posts, but I'm going to give up editing posts to avoid this nonsense. For some reason, I don't proofread nearly as well when using the "Preview" feature as I do once I actually hit "Post Reply".

Comment

Originally posted by timdavid View Post
            It could just be me, but the issue seems to be getting worse. I was able to edit a post once or even twice fairly quickly to correct a typo, but the last couple times I tried that, the post was flagged and detained. I apologize in advance for the typos and strange phrasings in any future posts, but I'm going to give up editing posts to avoid this nonsense. For some reason, I don't proofread nearly as well when using the "Preview" feature as I do once I actually hit "Post Reply".
            I noticed that I don't get flagged if I wait a bit (20 seconds or so) to save the post after making my changes.

Comment

I did find an online converter that can convert text to plain ascii text. Selecting "plain text" and "ascii" as the output will give you text that can be safely pasted without being truncated. It does just leave question marks for the converted characters, so you still have to manually edit the converted text to put back in single and double quotes, along with other problem characters.

https://www.percederberg.net/tools/text_converter.html

Comment

Working...
              X