Marked as spam when editing and pasting from pdf issues still exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marked as spam when editing and pasting from pdf issues still exist

We still have the problems when editing posts always gets your post marked as spam. And of course, I needed to edit my post because it included text that I copied from the pdf rules which breaks the post.
    Norfolk, Virginia, USA
    FLL Coach and Regional Tournament Head judge since 2014

If you want to paste from a PDF file, you have to wash the paste buffer through a text editor first. I agree, it's pretty inconvenient.
    FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

That's exactly what I did. The second time. Groan....
      Norfolk, Virginia, USA

Comment

When editing a post (which I do frequently) I wait for at least 1 minute from when the post is opened and I press "Save". If I am too quick the forum thinks I am a spam-bot and the post is pulled for review.

I've given up on copying from the FLL website and pasting to the FLL forum.

Comment

My post was also marked as spam when editing to correct a spelling mistake.
          Mentor: Not the Droids You Are Looking For - retired (World Festival Champion's 2018)
          Judge: Western PA, World Festival, Razorback Open, Mountain State
          Head Referee: Western PA Championships

Comment

It seems we're being protected from ourselves.

Comment

I just edited a post a full 1.5 hours after I last posted anything. I read a reply to my post, I saw a typo in the post, edited it and BAM, flagged for Spam. Mods, please, PLEASE try to fix this. New coaches come here and post important questions, and then get flagged as SPAM for the pdf-pasting violation or post-editing violation. They often give up. We see their half-post and many times never hear from them again. We've had this problem for a couple of years now. I am even willing to help, if you want.
              Norfolk, Virginia, USA

Comment

I'd like to also suggest that FIRST could ask here if there are people willing to serve as moderators. When posts need approving (which happens from time to time), a small team of moderators here could help out a lot. Mods could also help out with dealing with actual spam, and posts incorrectly flagged as spam. This forum is BIG DEAL to a lot of people and we are happy to help out.

By the way, this is my second account on this forum. My first account eventually became permanently banned for spam as a result of this spam but not spam problem. I tried contacting the forum moderators, but never received a response. Please let us help!
                Norfolk, Virginia, USA

Comment

It looks like other people have experienced the problem with posts marked as spam after editing. Here's one thread on the subject, though it doesn't have a resolution described.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-after-editing

Comment

Originally posted by SkipMorrow View Post
                    I'd like to also suggest that FIRST could ask here if there are people willing to serve as moderators. When posts need approving (which happens from time to time), a small team of moderators here could help out a lot. Mods could also help out with dealing with actual spam, and posts incorrectly flagged as spam. This forum is BIG DEAL to a lot of people and we are happy to help out.

By the way, this is my second account on this forum. My first account eventually became permanently banned for spam as a result of this spam but not spam problem. I tried contacting the forum moderators, but never received a response. Please let us help!
                    I'd be happy to serve as a moderator for this sort of administrative issue (clear spam flags, etc).

Comment

It sure would be nice to hear from some official FIRST Forum folks here. I see posts just about every day that are getting truncated, which simply just doesn't need to be the case.
                      Norfolk, Virginia, USA

Comment

I've been chatting with our Regional Partners and we are trying to figure out who from FIRST is in charge of the forums. So far we have not been successful. I also tried submitting feedback via the firstinspires website. That was two weeks ago and not even a response.

Reviewing posts here, the last time a moderator was in this forum was in 2017:
                        https://forums.usfirst.org/forum/gen...0388#post80388

So, does anyone have any other ideas? I'd like to see the forums here revamped over the summer, if possible. A few people have even volunteered to help out (myself included). Just getting some moderators in here that can help out fixing posts would be a great first step, but ultimately we need to fix the copy&paste bug and incorrectly marking messages as spam bugs.
                        Norfolk, Virginia, USA

Comment

Originally posted by SkipMorrow View Post
                          I've been chatting with our Regional Partners and we are trying to figure out who from FIRST is in charge of the forums. So far we have not been successful. I also tried submitting feedback via the firstinspires website. That was two weeks ago and not even a response.

Reviewing posts here, the last time a moderator was in this forum was in 2017:
                          https://forums.usfirst.org/forum/gen...0388#post80388

So, does anyone have any other ideas? I'd like to see the forums here revamped over the summer, if possible. A few people have even volunteered to help out (myself included). Just getting some moderators in here that can help out fixing posts would be a great first step, but ultimately we need to fix the copy&paste bug and incorrectly marking messages as spam bugs.
                          Perhaps posting a message on the Partner Wiki would be useful. I think it either provides contact links or email addresses. I'll check and report back, in case you don't have access.

Comment

Christie Davis is the administrator for the FLL area of the FIRST Partner Wiki. Her title is "Partner Services Manager". Even if she doesn't know who administers this Forum, I suspect she'd be able to find out.

cdavis@firstinspires.org

Comment

email has been sent.
                              Norfolk, Virginia, USA

Comment

Working...
                              X