Award Justification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Award Justification

Hey, I was wondering if your team got 2nd place and u want to prove it to someone but you don't have the trophy, is there another way you can justify your achievement like a certificate perhaps?

The competitions I've been to don't usually hand out certificates to the teams. I think the best way to 'prove' you almost got an award is to video the award ceremony or take photos of the scoreboard of the robot game. That said, it's not about what you win, but what you learn along the way. If winning is important, review the rubrics that they hopefully returned to the team at the end of the tournament, and make a game plan as a team to improve your standings next year. Bragging isn't graciously professional, but striving to better yourself and others is.
    Coach, FLL Team 3146 Peace By Piece 2013 - 2016; Team 29410 The Dragon Bots 2016-2018
    Judge, FTC 2014-2015; Field Technical Advisor, FTC 2016-2018; Robot Inspector, FRC 2018

Comment

Originally posted by shelbydavis View Post
      The competitions I've been to don't usually hand out certificates to the teams. I think the best way to 'prove' you almost got an award is to video the award ceremony or take photos of the scoreboard of the robot game. That said, it's not about what you win, but what you learn along the way. If winning is important, review the rubrics that they hopefully returned to the team at the end of the tournament, and make a game plan as a team to improve your standings next year. Bragging isn't graciously professional, but striving to better yourself and others is.
      alright thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X