Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M09 - Strength Exercise

Mission Discussion Thread

This mission's scoring condition has some serious ambiguity. The pictures imply that the tooth-strip only has 4 holes. It has 8 that can be made visible; the bar does not have to be moved very much to show 4. I think I understand the intent of the scoring, but without an Update it's going to be very easy for a team to convince me that they've moved the bar enough.

Now, if this is a deliberate "let's leave a rules hole for teams to find" situation, it's all good. But given the "0" score picture I doubt that's the case.
    Kansas City Region Head Ref 2014-present
    KC Region coaches and teams can ask FLL robot game rules questions at kcfllref@gmail.com

Comment

I found it confusing also.
      This might be a case where the image associated with the mission rule is the key. It seems to indicate (though I don't have a set of mission models yet) that the four holes must be visible out of the top of the assembly.
      FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Never mind; I need to learn to read. The scoring requirement does say "...as shown", so the 4 holes in question aren't ambiguous. This is a case where the picture IS referenced; I just glossed over that.
        Kansas City Region Head Ref 2014-present
        KC Region coaches and teams can ask FLL robot game rules questions at kcfllref@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by someonewhobikes View Post
          Never mind; I need to learn to read. The scoring requirement does say "...as shown", so the 4 holes in question aren't ambiguous. This is a case where the picture IS referenced; I just glossed over that.
          At times it is very challenging to sort out when the images are illustrative vs. rule-binding.
          FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Working...
          X