R24 - Robot's results outside of the Launch Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R24 - Robot's results outside of the Launch Area

I hadn't noticed this before tonight; I'm not terribly concerned about the implications but I thought I'd point it out. Read literally, R24 prevents teams from handling items returned by the Robot to Home. Of course, this contradicts R22, R26, and several other rules allowing teams to handle anything in Home.

Inclusion of the words "on the Mat" at the appropriate point in the sentence would clear up the contradiction. R22 mentions "Field"; R24 probably should also specify the larger area to which it applies.
    Last edited by someonewhobikes; 09-09-2019, 08:41 AM. Reason: Added a suggestion to fix.
    Kansas City Region Head Ref 2014-present
    KC Region coaches and teams can ask FLL robot game rules questions at [email protected]

Robot Game Updates override Rules (by R17), so for me, RG05 bullet 2 cleans up the inconsistency: "If the Cargo was Completely in Home when the Robot was Interrupted: You get the Cargo back." They tried to catch all the language issues with changing the Base of previous years into Home + Launch Area this year, but didn't quite get everything at first.
    QT Head Referee and Southern California RCT Referee (and occasional acting RCT Head Referee/Trainer), 2013-present, + coach, 2011 & 2012

Comment

Originally posted by earlusfirst View Post
      Robot Game Updates override Rules (by R17), so for me, RG05 bullet 2 cleans up the inconsistency: "If the Cargo was Completely in Home when the Robot was Interrupted: You get the Cargo back." They tried to catch all the language issues with changing the Base of previous years into Home + Launch Area this year, but didn't quite get everything at first.
      RG05 specifically addresses R28, and does not mention any other rule. Assuming that it does apply, though, R28 doesn't cover something Stranded in Home.

Again, I'm not concerned with how to interpret this; I just wanted to point out that the wording introduces a contradiction. I seriously doubt any team is going to argue that they shouldn't be allowed to touch something in Home.
      Kansas City Region Head Ref 2014-present
      KC Region coaches and teams can ask FLL robot game rules questions at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X