Robo voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robo voting

After a couple of earlier tries when the web site got hung, I finally submitted my team's entry tonight. So, our goal is probably 10 votes!

Or I can wake the kids (well, the ones who live with me, anyway) for an all-night hack-a-thon in which we learn the finer points of how to defeat CAPTCHA or break into online databases to change vote tallies. OK, maybe that's not such a good idea, so we'll go with the 10-vote goal.
    Twitter --- Facebook

Comment

Getting REALLY frustrated with the number of times I can finally get on the Global Innovation site to vote, takes so long to submit vote and then when it finally goes I get the answer:
      The answer you entered for the CAPTCHA was not correct.

How can 1 +1 = NOT be 2 or ____ater NOT be W (ater)????????

It's not just me, I talked to a few people yesterday at my school that have tried to support our kids by voting and they voiced the same frustrations: slow, inaccurate and then sometimes you get the "system busy" message.

Comment

Yes, it is unfortunate that the web site can't handle the volume of the last minute voting (both real and robo). I just received this error trying to bring up the main page:

Error: Drupal
        PDOException: SQLSTATE[00000] [1040] Too many connections in lock_may_be_available() (line 167 of /var/www/html/includes/lock.inc).

Comment

Working...
        X