Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Theme: INTO ORBIT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by EV3Lessons View Post
    FIRST has posted a hi-res overhead view of the INTO ORBIT challenge mat: https://www.firstinspires.org/sites/...rhead-view.jpg

    Looks like there might be some interesting Easter Eggs this year. Look at the north border. There are some numbers/letters there: 1 1 E 7 7 16 3 8 5 6 4 0 8 7 0 3 5 (note: not 100% sure about the first "0". It doesn't look like the other 0. Might be an "8" or a "9")

    Any guesses?
    Curioso
    Last edited by VitorSq; 09-10-2018, 08:05 AM.

    Comment


    • NEEDED "Into Orbit" Challenge Kit and Mat!!!!!

      We have a team of 10 kids and 2 EV3 Robots. Would love to have an extra "Into Orbit" challenge set with the mat! Sharing one kit severely limits the time the kids get to immerse themselves into the challenge, and the programming. UNFORTUNATELY, First and/or Lego doesn't make these readily available, without paying full cost of registering a new team! However, I understand that many teams are receiving more challenge kits and mats than they need! If you happen to have an extra "Into Orbit" challenge kit and/or Mat, We are willing to purchase for a reasonable price!

      Thank You for your kindness and consideration!

      Comment


      • can the missions be organised in a smaller group of missions from 15 missions FLL has given? any ideaa

        Comment


        • im participating FLL into orbit this year for the first time. im new to this so welcome any idea or discussion on the solutions for the missions yo guys

          Comment


          • Originally posted by thaongnph View Post
            can the missions be organised in a smaller group of missions from 15 missions FLL has given? any ideaa
            You do as many missions as the robot can perform in 120 seconds. That may ba all missions, which rarely happens, or it may be one mission, also rare. If you can solve 3 missions that is pretty good. Focus on finishing any one of the missions, and then start on the next. If your term is large you might split into smaller work groups and work on two or thre missions at the same time.

            The most important thing is to start now and don't let the difficulty of solving all the missions get in the way of solving your first.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dean Hystad View Post

              You do as many missions as the robot can perform in 120 seconds. That may ba all missions, which rarely happens, or it may be one mission, also rare. If you can solve 3 missions that is pretty good. Focus on finishing any one of the missions, and then start on the next. If your term is large you might split into smaller work groups and work on two or thre missions at the same time.

              The most important thing is to start now and don't let the difficulty of solving all the missions get in the way of solving your first.
              Thanks a lot for the advice! And im having trouble with dividing the 15 big bags of missions into smaller groups based on, for example, the characteristics, the similarity or the required skills. Im sr for bad english hope you get what I mean.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by thaongnph View Post

                Thanks a lot for the advice! And im having trouble with dividing the 15 big bags of missions into smaller groups based on, for example, the characteristics, the similarity or the required skills. Im sr for bad english hope you get what I mean.
                Maybe start with the ones nearest base: M01, M02, and M05.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dean Hystad View Post
                  I always thought it would be cool to work at NASA or SpaceX. That is until I worked at NASA and talked to my friends who worked at SpaceX.
                  Thats so cool, im just a junior member, would you mind sharing your opinion and advice on this year theme? Thanks a lot!

                  Comment


                  • How to solve bone loss in outer space? any new idea

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X