Detroit meet up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit meet up

I'm excited to share my city with the FLL community this week. I'm even more excited to be volunteering at the event. But I'm MOST excited about the opportunity to meet some of you fine people. If I have any skills as an FLL coach or Judge is was from the tutoring that I received from you all on this forum. Please sound off here if you will be in Detroit this week. Let me know what team you are with as I'd like to meet you in your pit.

Dan

Team 55 (normally 3952) Jamestown Robowolves

Comment

Not the Droids You Are Looking For (WF Team #53 in lane 6) will be there. This is our final season competing and we will be retiring after World Festival. If you are able to visit the Innovation Fair on Wednesday, you will find us at the LEGO Education booth with some non-competition robots. If you are able to attend the Showcase event on Friday night, we will be giving a speech as well. Hope to see you.
      EV3Lessons.com and FLLTutorials.com Founders
      FLL #51 World Festival Champion's 2018 (retired)
      FRC Not the Droids You Are Looking For (Rookie season 2020)

Comment

I was in the Detroit airport on the 25th and saw a couple teams during my layover. Not following them out the door to the Cobo Center was a real challenge. Probably the closest I'll ever come to attending the WF.

Comment

I was there with Stormgears FRC team 5422, this was our fourth trip to Worlds In four years of team existence (funny how much easier it is to make it to the words as FRC team, compared to FLL team ).

As before, I spent lot of time in FLL area where I saw lots of outstanding teams! Lot of motivation for the next year!
          Last edited by Leon R; 05-09-2018, 10:41 AM.
          Legolympians - 2009-2015 (retired - joined FRC team 5422 Stormgears)
          Legolicious - 5th year girls team
          Brick Force - 2nd year boys team

2015 - Mass FLL coach of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon R View Post
            I was there with Stormgears FRC team 5422, this was our fourth trip to Worlds In four years of team existence (funny how much easier it is to make it to the words as FRC team, compared to FLL team ).

As before, I spent a lot of time in FLL area where I saw lots of outstanding teams! Lot of motivation for the next year!
            That motivation worked! My girl's team won Mass State Championship - West and are now heading to Detroit!

StormGears FRC team has offered to help with fundraising and pit building! That should be interesting. And since two of the girls are joining StormGears, there is a chance that they will be in Detroit as members of FRC and FLL teams.

Now, here is a question, I know that a student can't be on two FLL teams at the same time. But is there any prohibition to being on FLL and FRC team at the same time?
            Legolympians - 2009-2015 (retired - joined FRC team 5422 Stormgears)
            Legolicious - 5th year girls team
            Brick Force - 2nd year boys team

2015 - Mass FLL coach of the year.

Comment

Working...
            X