New Resource Site for FIRST LEGO League Teams: FLL Tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Resource Site for FIRST LEGO League Teams: FLL Tutorials

We are pleased to announced that today, we launched FLL Tutorials. This is a spinoff from our site EV3Lessons. As EV3Lessons grew, it became disorganized and cluttered. This is our chance to get organized and create a site focused on FLL.

FLL Tutorials is a a one-stop resource for FIRST LEGO League Teams. It has lessons and resources covering Core Values, Robot Game, Project, and coaching/team management. Special areas include the new FLL Hall of Fame and Coach's Corner. You can read about some amazing FIRST LEGO League teams and get inspired by the helpful tips from other coaches.

Our mission remains the same. We will not solve any FIRST LEGO League challenges. We will just provide the building blocks and tools for teams to use over the course of their FIRST LEGO League journey. As always, everything on our site will remain free.

Hope you find the new site useful. Look for lots of new materials this summer including new lessons, robot designs and INTO ORBIT resources.

Let us know what you think or if you have any ideas for new content (lessons and resources).

- Arvind and Sanjay
    EV3Lessons.com and FLLTutorials.com Founders
    FLL #51 World Festival Champion's 2018 (retired)
    FRC Not the Droids You Are Looking For (Rookie season 2020)

I like the idea for sure. Neat medium motor robot design. I wonder how many of these we will see this fall.

One thing I would say is that you have a section right below the banner photo that talks about "resources for all three parts of FLL". I think of FLL as having four parts: Robot Performance, Robot design, core values, and project. Robot design and robot performance have clearly different goals and are practiced completely differently. I'd include all four. I also wanted to click on those three sections that you do have, but they aren't clickable. Is the site going to be organized into each FLL section as mentioned above?

Overall, very cool idea. I can't wait to see how it grows and improves as the season goes along.
    Norfolk, Virginia, USA
    FLL Coach and Regional Tournament Head judge since 2014

Comment

Great feedback. Will work on making the areas clickable, etc. Yes, the goal is to organize into FLL categories - the pulldown menus reflect this.

The goal is not to provide a perfect robot...but to show a variety of designs. Teams will have to make many alterations to make anything we share more effective. That particular robot probably has some weight distribution issues and may not have enough of a back wheel. So, we want teams to see flaws and learn to take concepts and try to make their own robot better.

Originally posted by SkipMorrow View Post
      I like the idea for sure. Neat medium motor robot design. I wonder how many of these we will see this fall.

One thing I would say is that you have a section right below the banner photo that talks about "resources for all three parts of FLL". I think of FLL as having four parts: Robot Performance, Robot design, core values, and project. Robot design and robot performance have clearly different goals and are practiced completely differently. I'd include all four. I also wanted to click on those three sections that you do have, but they aren't clickable. Is the site going to be organized into each FLL section as mentioned above?

Overall, very cool idea. I can't wait to see how it grows and improves as the season goes along.

Comment

Lots of updates to the page since we posted in June. We hope everyone continues to find our work useful.

The Core Values Section has a complete set of lessons about Core Values written by many teams who have been to World Festival. There are also more than 40 Core Value Activities submitted by teams. http://flltutorials.com/CoreValues.html

The Research Project Section has a complete set of lessons about the Project written by teams who have either been nominated for GIA by their state, or gone on to become a semi-finalist or finalist in GIA. http://flltutorials.com/Project.html

The Robot Game Section has several base models for teams to learn from and get an idea of building techniques and options before building their own robot. There are also a large number of lessons including several on Reliable Navigation. http://flltutorials.com/RobotGame.html

Our INTO ORBIT Scorer and Sketch Planner can be founded under the Resources tab. http://flltutorials.com/Resources/20...rer/index.html. The scorer is in 7 languages already and has been updated to match the Challenge Updates.

Coach's Corner features articles by Coaches in the community with teams to help you run your team. http://flltutorials.com/CoachCorner.html

All our programming lessons are still on EV3Lessons.com.

Thank you to everyone for your feedback as well as support.

Comment

Working...
        X