New animal allies mat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New animal allies mat

I coach a U.K. team and recently at our regional (which we progressed through) our mat got torn by another team stepping on it. Also some marvels have gon missing so I was wondering how we could get a new mat to practice on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: New animal allies mat

You could scroll 3/4 of the way down TechBrick's resources webpage ( http://techbrick.com/Lego/Lego2016/Resources/index.html ), and get the full-size "Mat Art" .jpg printed as a "Practice Mat" at your local banner-making store. Or, you can go on eBay and hope that some FLL team is selling their old mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Magnus View Post
      I coach a U.K. team and recently at our regional (which we progressed through) our mat got torn by another team stepping on it. Also some marvels have gon missing so I was wondering how we could get a new mat to practice on. Does anyone have any ideas?
      Lego allows two mats to be ordered by a team (at least in the US), so if your second coach has not done that, you could order it directly from Lego. You will have to login with the second coaches login and then you can see the options to order the mat.

Comment

I also heard "rumors" that FIRST was going to open up something called post-season orders or something (likely US based only?), that would allow teams to get an AA kit for use in spring off-season events or learning cases. Ask your local partner about this option. But a co-coach FSK order sounds easier if that is open.

Comment

Originally posted by AppDeveloper View Post
          You will have to login with the second coaches login and then you can see the options to order the mat.
          I always wondered how to get another new mat without registering another team. Your idea is so simple that it never occured to me.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cschaffer View Post
            I always wondered how to get another new mat without registering another team. Your idea is so simple that it never occured to me.

Thanks!
            Honestly I just learnt it this year from someone, and we successfully ordered a second "Challenge Mat and the Mission Models" this season. By the way even if you don't have a second table I would recommend teams to order the second mat because it is the cheapest option to get over 1500+ lego pieces for less than $100.

Comment

Originally posted by AppDeveloper View Post
              Honestly I just learnt it this year from someone, and we successfully ordered a second "Challenge Mat and the Mission Models" this season. By the way even if you don't have a second table I would recommend teams to order the second mat because it is the cheapest option to get over 1500+ lego pieces for less than $100.
              since this new type of mat came out, there always seems to be a mission or two that catches us off guard since new mats are more slippery than old. So not only do you get the extra pieces, you get to do a good dry run for a competition on a fresh mat.

Comment

Originally posted by cschaffer View Post
                since this new type of mat came out, there always seems to be a mission or two that catches us off guard since new mats are more slippery than old. So not only do you get the extra pieces, you get to do a good dry run for a competition on a fresh mat.
                That's a good idea. You can leave the mat rolled up until you are ready to practice. That way it's curled at the ends like at the competition.

Comment

Any ideas how to get another challenge set this year for the 2018-19 season now that the challenge set is included with registration?

Comment

Originally posted by jschaefer View Post
                    Any ideas how to get another challenge set this year for the 2018-19 season now that the challenge set is included with registration?
                    There is another discussion about that already. Here is where it starts...
                    https://forums.usfirst.org/forum/gen...4550#post84550

Comment

Working...
                    X