Extra Into Orbit Kits - Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Into Orbit Kits - Marketplace

This year, FIRST has included the Field Kit with the registration fee. What that means is that some teams, such as school teams, are getting more than they need. Other teams that want to order multiple, for scrimmages or such, are no longer able to get them.

There is clearly a supply and demand mismatch here. If you have kits you want to get rid of, please post it here with your location and the number of kits. Please also enable the setting on your account to allow people to private message you. For consistency with last year's prices, let's set the standard price at $75 for a kit, not including shipping. Its up to you and the buyer if you deviate from that, but please keep this thread more towards the posting of BUYER and SELLER requests.

So let me start this off:

Position: BUYER
    # Kits: Our club would like to buy up to 3 kits
    Details: I'd like to avoid shipping. Please PM me if you have extra kits and are in the NJ or South Eastern PA area.

Great idea to put this in one place. Thank you

2 teams of 10 kids each now have to split time on the table instead of like prior years where we could pick up an extra kit. I called Lego Ed and have spoken to people as high as possible and no extra kits are available through them. Interestingly, they said that it was done to require that team purchase kits and not allow teams to register and not buy a kit. If so, they why not sell extra kits?

# Kits: 2 kits

Full kit or even just the mat or lego pieces would be appreciated.

Details: Shipping is fine price is negotiable.
    Thanks
    Last edited by DJR; 08-12-2018, 08:04 PM.
    FLL coach Trash Trek on, State 4x, World 2x, ref, judge advisor.

Comment

I would be interested in purchasing another field kit too. It is nice to see if the models function the same - (another way to verify if the kids built the models correctly or not).

# Kits: 1 Additional Kit would be great
      2014 World Class Learning (coach Stealth Bots #3233)
      2015 Trash Trek (coach Electric Trashbeards #8039)
      2016 Animal Allies (coach Plank Robit Rovers #8039)
      2017 Hydrodynamics (coach Rogue Robotics #30453)
      2018 Into Orbit (coach Rogue Robotics #30453)
      2019 City Shaper (coach Rogue Robotics #30453)

Comment

Another interested buyer here.

# Kits: Our team would like to buy up to 1 Kit
        Details: Willing to pay for shipping on top of $75 Kit Fee. Thanks.

Comment

Hi a second kit would be helpful since we have two different locations we meet in.

Details: Willing to pay for shipping on top of $75 Kit Fee. Thanks

Comment

# Kits: Our team would like to buy up to 2kits

Comment

Just an FYI that there is a facebook group that is described as an "Online First LEGO League Marketplace". It might be another place to look if you want to obtain another mission kit.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FLLBuyandSell/about/

Comment

Hello Team / Folks

I am looking for Into Orbit mat and challenge set. If anyone have any extra mat. I am willing to buy them. Please do message me

# Kits: 1 kit

Comment

Details: Willing to pay for shipping on top of $75 Kit Fee. Thanks

Comment

Looks like it is all buyers and no sellers on this and other forums. Only one kit sold on Ebay for about $300. So, I decided to build my own kit and mock-up a mat from last year. In short, if you take your Hydrodynamics kit apart, you can build about 90% of the mission models for INTO ORBIT. A quick search on Bricklink shows that the rest of the parts are available and run about $40.
                    Take your mat from last season, put white duck tape on the areas where the lines are at on the INTO ORBIT mat and add black electrical tape over that and you have your line follow/square.
                    For those that will bring up the fact that the mat is not flat and there are bumps from the tape, I suggest that this variation should not be enough to cause problems with a well designed and programmed robot.
                    There are a couple of ways to transfer the locations of the models and lines, I used large tracing paper over this year's mat and copied the locations to the Hydrodynamics mat. Again, off by an 1/8 or so but, should be close enough to use. The other method I tried is to put the new mat over the old and just lift, mark, check, lift again. This was not as accurate.
                    Good Luck this season and hope you find or build the mat you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR View Post
                      Looks like it is all buyers and no sellers on this and other forums. Only one kit sold on Ebay for about $300. So, I decided to build my own kit and mock-up a mat from last year. In short, if you take your Hydrodynamics kit apart, you can build about 90% of the mission models for INTO ORBIT. A quick search on Bricklink shows that the rest of the parts are available and run about $40.
                      Take your mat from last season, put white duck tape on the areas where the lines are at on the INTO ORBIT mat and add black electrical tape over that and you have your line follow/square.
                      For those that will bring up the fact that the mat is not flat and there are bumps from the tape, I suggest that this variation should not be enough to cause problems with a well designed and programmed robot.
                      There are a couple of ways to transfer the locations of the models and lines, I used large tracing paper over this year's mat and copied the locations to the Hydrodynamics mat. Again, off by an 1/8 or so but, should be close enough to use. The other method I tried is to put the new mat over the old and just lift, mark, check, lift again. This was not as accurate.
                      Good Luck this season and hope you find or build the mat you are looking for.
                      Sounds like a great practice mat. We used to scuff up and crease perfectly good mats to make them bad so the robot had something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR View Post
                        Looks like it is all buyers and no sellers on this and other forums.
                        Yeah, that surprises me.
                        In my region (North Texas) we've had multiple school/groups selling kits. Those have been facilitated via our regional Google Group email list. I don't know if this is an "everything's bigger in Texas" thing where we have more schools/groups which run more teams than they have room for Robot Game fields compared to other regions or if other regions are just keeping quiet about extra kits being for sale.
                        But I hope those who are interested in a kit are able to find one.

--
                        Fort Worth Robotics - North Texas Region Team #455
                        Technical coach, baker of the cookies, keeper of the time, transporter of the travel field walls, finder of the spare parts, maker of the pop culture references that only the other tall people understand.

Comment

Does anyone know why FLL does not make extra kits readily available and if there is any way to change their position on this? Seems like there is ample demand and interest. I'm sure there is a rationale but is this a policy change this year vs. previous years?

Comment

I asked this same question direct to Lego Education, a few days later... here is the response:

Hi -

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. The sale of challenge kits is a non-profit activity and we want to ensure that every team receives a challenge set, so we produce a number of sets that is commensurate with the number of teams.

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thank you,

[Rep name]
                            Lego Education

Comment

NEEDED "Into Orbit" Challenge Kit and Mat!!!!!

We have a team of 10 kids and 2 EV3 Robots. Would love to have an extra "Into Orbit" challenge set with the mat! Sharing one kit severely limits the time the kids get to immerse themselves into the challenge, and the programming. UNFORTUNATELY, First and/or Lego doesn't make these readily available, without paying full cost of registering a new team! However, I understand that many teams are receiving more challenge kits and mats than they need! If you happen to have an extra "Into Orbit" challenge kit and/or Mat, We are willing to purchase for a reasonable price!

Thank You for your kindness and consideration!

Comment

Working...
                              X