Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone received their FLL Challenge mat & mission models yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone received their FLL Challenge mat & mission models yet?

Has anyone received their field kit yet? I registered earlier this summer, and I expected that I at least would have received shipment notification by now...

We're having a kickoff event on August 2nd, I had hoped that my kids could start putting together mission models then... just getting nervous that the field kit won't arrive in time.

Originally posted by Suzann1701 View Post
    Has anyone received their field kit yet? I registered earlier this summer, and I expected that I at least would have received shipment notification by now...

We're having a kickoff event on August 2nd, I had hoped that my kids could start putting together mission models then... just getting nervous that the field kit won't arrive in time.
    Yes, lots of teams have started receiving their sets - since Tuesday of this week. Build instructions will not be released till Noon on August 1.
    EV3Lessons.com and FLLTutorials.com Founders
    FLL #51 World Festival Champion's 2018 (retired)
    FRC Not the Droids You Are Looking For (Rookie season 2020)

Comment

You can monitor the status in your Firstinspires.org account Dashboard. When it is shipped, a tracking number will appear in your account under Payment and Product. The tracking link is there now but, there is no tracking number until it is shipped. My team is hosting the Illinois Launch Aug. 1st with 100 kids at the Andrew Tucker Blocks to Bricks museum and I was hoping to have a mat like you but, have plan B in place in case it doesn't arrive in time. Per a call to FIRST, they are shipping them out every day and should be finished shipping them by the end of next week. If I remember correctly, they are shipped from Texas.
      Here is the tracking link. When your package has shipped, clicking this link should show a FedEx tracking number. At least it did last year.
      tracking.jpg
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DJR; 07-28-2019, 09:58 PM.
      FLL coach Trash Trek on, State 4x, World 2x, ref, judge advisor.

Comment

Mind posting a quick screenshot of what that looks like? I couldn't find it in our dashboard.

Comment

I found the "Payment and Products" on the dashboard under "My Teams". When I click on Lego Tracking Info I don't see any actual tracking info, so I am assuming ours hasn't shipped yet.

Attached Files
          Norfolk, Virginia, USA
          FLL Coach and Regional Tournament Head judge since 2014

Comment

Originally posted by EV3Lessons View Post
            Yes, lots of teams have started receiving their sets - since Tuesday of this week. Build instructions will not be released till Noon on August 1.
            Here in North Texas, we get build instructions at 11am. It's not 9am like the California teams, but it's still earlier in the day than the East Coasters.

<Insert text to indicate user is obviously joking and not ignorant about time zones>

--
            Fort Worth Robotics - North Texas Region Team #455
            Technical coach, baker of the cookies, keeper of the time, transporter of the travel field walls, finder of the spare parts, maker of the pop culture references that only the other tall people understand.

Comment

Hi, still haven't gotten any information about our game kit. When I click on the "Lego Tracking Info" link, all I see is a table of the items I purchased and paid for ($787.06) but no tracking number. Anyone else in the same boat? It's August 3rd already!

Comment

I received our robot, but no challenge kit. My tracking number was the same for the robot and the challenge kit, but only the robot showed up and FedEx shows it has been received, so I am not sure what to do.

Comment

Canadian teams need to wait for kits to be received by a Canadian distributor and then gets sent out to us. We are hoping by mid-August. When I spoke with Lego Education (US) on Friday I was told that they had started sending kits out and were processing about 250-300 per day. To Canadian Teams - the kits were shipped to Spectrum on July 29th from Lego Education so we should be hearing from Spectrum soon hopefully.

Comment

We are in the same boat - no tracking info in the dashboard and no kit yet . Anyone have success finding out more somehow?

Comment

Originally posted by ssm View Post
                      We are in the same boat - no tracking info in the dashboard and no kit yet . Anyone have success finding out more somehow?
                      When you click on the Payment and Product tab the following should appear:

Registration
                      Credit
                      2019-20 City ShaperSM Challenge Set

Once there, click on 2019-20 City ShaperSM Challenge Set

That should give you a tracing number if it has already shipped. Mine is showing a Thursday delivery

Comment

Does it seem to be that the kits are mailed out in the order that mirrors when the registration was completed? In other words, earlier registration equals earlier kit delivery? We placed our order on Jun 20th and don't even have a shipping status yet.
                        Norfolk, Virginia, USA
                        FLL Coach and Regional Tournament Head judge since 2014

Comment

Originally posted by SkipMorrow View Post
                          Does it seem to be that the kits are mailed out in the order that mirrors when the registration was completed? In other words, earlier registration equals earlier kit delivery? We placed our order on Jun 20th and don't even have a shipping status yet.
                          Our order was placed 6/19 and we don't have a shipping status either...

Comment

I talked with First today and they said that orders are queued in purchase order. They said LEGO Education controls the shipping.

So I talked with LEGO Education, and verified that my order was in the queue, but they don't know at what point it will ship. They estimate that all orders will have shipped by August 16th, and should arrive by August 23rd at the latest. Shipping is from Fort Worth, TX via Fedex. LEGO Education only has one shipping location.

I asked about logistics and if they were behind this year, and they said they had everything ready in advance, but First will not let them ship until a certain date so that some teams will not have an advantage. And when I stopped laughing, I pointed out the irony of the advantage for those who receive their kits and challenge August 1st. vs those who receive it late August. So the moral of the story is to order promptly as soon as it opens May 7th, if you want to secure the 3 week head start. LEGO Education is just the sponsor effectively, and hasn't changed shipping operation. First made the change to release the challenge early, so that created a bigger problem than before.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelwdavis View Post
                              Shipping is from Fort Worth, TX via Fedex. LEGO Education only has one shipping location.
                              So that's why we get any orders from Lego education so quickly. I didn't realize they were in Fort Worth (where my team and I are also located). I knew it had to be somewhere close.
                              Thanks for the information.

--
                              Fort Worth Robotics - North Texas Region Team #455
                              Technical coach, baker of the cookies, keeper of the time, transporter of the travel field walls, finder of the spare parts, maker of the pop culture references that only the other tall people understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X