Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone received their FLL Challenge mat & mission models yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for posting this information, very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelwdavis View Post
      ... they said they had everything ready in advance, but First will not let them ship until a certain date so that some teams will not have an advantage. And when I stopped laughing, I pointed out the irony of the advantage for those who receive their kits and challenge August 1st. vs those who receive it late August.
      I liked the old system better, where the kits often shipped well in advance of the challenge release date. The building instructions were released before the full challenge also, so teams could build the mission models before the official start of the challenge if desired. Oh well, I know many teams in my region don't get started until school starts again around Labor day. That leaves several more weeks before shipping delays start to inconvenience those teams. Before then, there is still lots of time to brainstorm mission approaches, and work on line detection and line following approaches.

Comment

I registered and ordered on July 22, our first meeting is tomorrow, and I still don't have the kit.

This is very frustrating.

Comment

I got my model kits last week, but I just got my box of books (meeting guides and engineering notebooks) yesterday as a separate shipment.
          FLL Mentor/Coach 2006-2015
          Founding Mentor for FRC 1759: 2006-2012
          Founding Mentor for FRC 4999: 2016
          FRC Field Supervisor, Los Angeles 2007-2016
          Manager, Software Development, EMC Corp.

Comment

We ordered in June for both FLL & JFLL....we still don't have tracking numbers even. SOOOOOOOO frustrating. We have our recruiting/expectations meeting tonight, and planned to start the mission models Saturday! Last year we had our materials by now & we still barely got done in time for our event in November, and we got the latest event in our area!

Comment

Our payment processed in mid-June and still not set yet and we're a short hop from the DFW area in Houston. This is the latests we've ever received our materials and the registration goes in about the same time every year. I wanted to have a build day on Monday before school starts, but we can always do project brainstorming and get teams to master line following. Arrgghhh! School starts on 8/13 and I really wanted the kids who are willing to come to school to work extra to be able to get this going before then...oh well.

Comment

Trcking.jpg Here is what the account looks like when the tracking info is added. You should received an email at the same time letting you know that it is shipping. Then you can watch it travel across the country, have it change from Tuesday to Wednesday delivery and enjoy the anticipation.
                FLL coach Trash Trek on, State 4x, World 2x, state ref, state judge.

Comment

Mine finally shipped. I ordered June 18. Will arrive Tuesday Aug 13 - but probably not in time for practice that day.

Comment

Working...
                  X