Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have any problem with EV3 center button?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I have a problem also with our EV3 center button. The brick turns on only when I press and hold the center button. It shuts down upon release.

Comment

Originally posted by JayPanoy View Post
      Hello

I have a problem also with our EV3 center button. The brick turns on only when I press and hold the center button. It shuts down upon release.
      #1 Problem is slightly related. This one is more about the mechanical poor design of those buttons.I would recommend to open up a new thread next time.

#2 Problem sounds weird. Never seen or heard of.

#3 All solution I have in the order I would try
      -Full charged power supply? Tried batteries instead of akkupack for testing?
      -Have you tried a reset? A search for "lego EV3 reset" will bring up some stuff.
      --There is a way to boot into reset and in firmware load. Try reset and then firmware. Rewrite firmware.
      -If you can spend the time and you are able to contact lego education, try to do a replacement. They where very helpfull
      -You might open up the brick and check if the tiny springs (those little metal plates) under the foil are on a place where they belong. If the buttons are pressed a little bit sidewards, those springs start to move. Possibly one is moved and shortens something unpredictable.
      -Get a new brick
      Last edited by SonnenIgel; 10-04-2018, 03:52 AM.
      (+_+)(-_-)(_ _)

Comment

Working...
      X