No more Sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Sound?

I am concerned about my teams EV3 brick. The brick is fully charged. They run a few missions and the sound works, then it just stops. It will also not beep after downloads. It's done this at two separate practices. Should we try to find a different brick? or should we do something with the firmware. Our competition is a few weeks away.

Sounds like your program is messing something up on the brick. Another possibility is a questionable solder joint with some thermal component. Next time the sound cuts out restart the brick and see if the problem goes away. If after the restart the brick makes sounds again, the problem is being caused by your program and it probably has nothing to do with the brick.

Comment

The fact that it doesn't even make the sound when downloading programs is very suspect. I have been using EV3s for years and have not ever seen that. Yes, try a different brick. Good luck!
      Norfolk, Virginia, USA
      FLL Coach and Regional Tournament Head judge since 2014

Comment

Originally posted by jlamd View Post
        I am concerned about my teams EV3 brick. The brick is fully charged. They run a few missions and the sound works, then it just stops. It will also not beep after downloads. It's done this at two separate practices. Should we try to find a different brick? or should we do something with the firmware. Our competition is a few weeks away.
        My kids did have a brick that stopped producing all sound. Try a different brick.
        Mentor: Not the Droids You Are Looking For - retired (World Festival Champion's 2018)
        Judge: Western PA, World Festival, Razorback Open, Mountain State
        Head Referee: Western PA Championships

Comment

Lego is warranting the bricks for a surprising length of time. If you have a faulty brick, contact the warranty department and see if it is under warranty. We have some 2+ years old that are under warranty.
          FLL coach Trash Trek on, State 4x, World 2x, state ref, state judge.

Comment

Working...
          X