Firmware 1.10E update issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware 1.10E update issues

When I install LME-EV3 Firmware V1.10E using the online tool at https://ev3manager.education.lego.com/, both LEGO Mindstorms Education EV3 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 tell me my firmware is out of date. I don't want my kids to see that every time they launch. How can I tell the Mindstorms software the latest firmware is actually installed?

Second, when the EV3 is plugged into a USB port on a MacBook Pro (current software), a drive mounts. After the kids download their software and unplug the EV3, they'll get an premature disc eject error. I don't want them to see that, either.

What will we be missing if we don't upgrade our firmware from 1.09E?
    scoTT

Well, the solution to the "firmware out of date" message was as easy as unchecking the box to check for updates on startup. Still wondering the value of 1.10E regarding the disc eject error.
    scoTT

Comment

Originally posted by winklestork View Post
      What will we be missing if we don't upgrade our firmware from 1.09E?
      I think you only miss compatibility with Microsoft Makecode for EV3.

Comment

Hello winklestork,
        Rename the firmware in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Software\LEGO MINDSTORMS Edu EV3\Resources\Firmware\Education" folder from "LME-EV3_Firmware_1.10E.bin" to "EV3 Firmware V1.10E.bin". No more nagging until 1.11 (or higher) becomes available.

Comment

Hello everybody
          after the last firmware update of ev3 mindstorm the brick does not respond anymore to Bluetooth using my Apple tablet The new firmware is v1.09h update performed via lego page.
          Does someone faced up this issue ?
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dan2019 View Post
            Hello everybody
            after the last firmware update of ev3 mindstorm the brick does not respond anymore to Bluetooth using my Apple tablet The new firmware is v1.09h update performed via lego page.
            Does someone faced up this issue ?
            Dan
            After loading firmware the brick won't remember the tablet, but the tablet remembers the brick. I don't have an iPad, but on my Samsung tablet I had to tell the tablet to forget about the EV3 and then pair the devices. Also make sure you have BT visibility on for iPad and off for laptop.

Comment

Working...
            X