City Shaper Board Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasponti View Post
    I see this as a good thing because the differences in texture on the Into Orbit mat sometimes caused small navigation issues for the team's robot.
    Navigation errors are a good thing. Small navigation errors that cause problems with the solution are your robot's way of tapping you on the shoulder and saying "Can I get a little help here please?" Good solutions work when you have small (or not so small) navigation errors. If you aren't experiencing small navigation errors you should be looking for ways to introduce them. I'm serious.

Comment

Dean, I understand your point. The ability to deal with random events/accidents/adversity helps create robust solutions. With my team I add coins under the mat, have them practice on multiple tables of differing construction, tilt the table slightly, freeze the robots, and rotate base robots so they can deal with the variations in performance. However as a coach of a team wresting with so many variables where things can go wrong, having a uniform mat surface seemed like a small victory.

P.S. sorry for the deleted replies. I sometimes forget to turn off my VPN before posting and the system then marks my posts as suspect (which might already be true).

Comment

One more observation on the City Shaper field: my hypothesis that the corners of the building blocks are magnetic is wrong. No magnets in the field kit.

Comment

This is just plain mean! I won't be seeing a field kit until September and everyone else will have theirs within a few weeks. I thought playing with my new Spike Prime would deaden the pain, but I am refused that sweet relief.

Comment

Sorry Dean. I'm in Iowa if you want to drive down and visit!

Comment

According to the CITY SHAPER challenge page, Spike Prime will have to wait until next year :
              spikeprimefll.PNG

Comment

Oh well, the delayed release for SPIKE Prime will give me something to play with in the cold, dark Minnesota winter months...

Comment

I'd rather have Spike Prime for the off-season anyways. Better to learn it then instead of build season...

Comment

Working...
                  X