Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Points for Food Factor Board

Originally posted by Aaron S View Post
    I was able to come up with the 452 points if I assume the 2 crates in the truck were counted as "groceries" for the table mission, even though in the model build instructions they are not in the groceries section.

I also assumed the 2 croisants only count as 1 "grocery unit" even though they do not seem to attach to their carrier.

Relative to the comment about the animals not being used, I also assume they are the "meat" in the "Refrigerated" mission.

Here's an excel spreadsheet I threw together of how I came up with the 452 total. Comments welcome.
    The croissants do attach to their carrier.

The photo on page 6 of the robot game PDF shows the small brown box from the truck model in the base, I believe that is the 'meat' that needs to be used but I like the idea of using the animals for something.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Thunder View Post
      The croissants do attach to their carrier.

The photo on page 6 of the robot game PDF shows the small brown box from the truck model in the base, I believe that is the 'meat' that needs to be used but I like the idea of using the animals for something.
      Thanks for the reply. I was editing my post as you were pointing out the "meat box" that I saw in the setup instructions.
      Last edited by Aaron S; 09-02-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

So should between be interpreted as a physical between as an object between two other objects or as a more conceptual between as the trip between base and the sink?

Some thought at our kickoff that there might be a way to move all of the bacterial so they weren't physically between the base and sink ....

Comment

For now I have interpreted 'between' as being the trip from the base to the sink and back, not as being a straight line from the base to the sink.

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmJ View Post
            For now I have interpreted 'between' as being the trip from the base to the sink and back, not as being a straight line from the base to the sink.
            I think that it is important to understand "between" as describing the bacteria, and their trip(s) to the sink, and not the robot. [note that if the trip were to describe the robot's journey, then it couldn't include the robot's return to Base as MalcolmJ wrote, since then the equipment used to move the bacteria would not be completely out of Base at the end of the trip.

For a bacterium to arrive at the sink (and be left there by the referee), it needs to
            1) be in Base at some point
            2) end up in the sink
            3) travel to the sink in an allowable fashion

My understanding is that the "trip to the sink" describes the time during which the bacterium starts moving from Base and ends up at the sink.
            [The starting time not totally obvious, since the robot and other equipment may be moving before the bacterium begins to move--any they need to be completely in Base before or at the time that the bacterium begins to move.]

A trip might be restarted if the bacterium returns to base and leaves in an allowable fashion, or a trip might extend over multiple restarts of the robot.

I don't want to use a very narrow definition of trip, that begins when the bacterium begins to cross the Base boundary or it completely leaves Base, because that is going to make it really hard to ensure that all the equipment is completely in Base at the start of the trip.
            Steve Scherr
            Referee and Judge, Virginia-DC, Maryland, and Ohio
            FLL Global Head Referee

Comment

Working...
            X