Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motors Allowed - Rule #4

Rule number 4 under electrical components says:

"You are allowed a maximum of three MINDSTORMS™ motors in the competition area."

In previous years the rules stated no more than 3 motors, clarifying both MINDSTORMS and powre functions.

Okay - if I follow my own intuitive logic and the "if we didn't say you couldn't than you can", teams could use additional Power function motors in addition to 3 MINDSTORMS motors.

Right? Going to email for official answer on this one.

Re: Motors Allowed - Rule #4

sounds like a stretch.
    My interpretation is that you are not allowed to use power function motors as the type is explicitly stated in the rule.

I'm interested in the official response.

Comment

Originally posted by smarteducation View Post
      Rule number 4 under electrical components says:

"You are allowed a maximum of three MINDSTORMS™ motors in the competition area."
      The next bullet point emphatically states that a fourth motor in the competition area is illegal. And says it again. And then again. No mention of any brands of motors there - just a fourth motor.

Comment

Reminder that the "final" interpretation of the rules is up to the tournament head referee.

Comment

Don't forget about the bullet that says:

No other electric elements nor devices are allowed for use in any way in the competition area.
          You are allowed three Mindstorms motors. Since Power Function motors are not listed as an allowed "Electric Element", then they fall under the bullet above.
          Jeff Bartig
          Wisconsin Region FLL Head Ref

Comment

Working...
          X