Precedence of building instructions vs challenge details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precedence of building instructions vs challenge details

When the building instructions and the challenge details conflict, which is correct? For example, the building instructions for the yellow farm truck show the case of meat in the truck bed, and the challenge details state the case of meat starts in base. Is this is a case by case basis that needs to be officially ruled on, or is there a general order of precedence? If this is in the coach's handbook please excuse me; the person in charge of our school's program forgot to include mine with the other materials so I can't get it until sometime next week.

Re: Precedence of building instructions vs challenge details

The building instructions were probably created months ago. Sometimes the missions are tweaked a bit after they publish things. So, go by the mission rules.

For example, the building instructions for the thermometer are different than the way it is shown in the game rules. I checked with Scott Evans and he replied that when the bar points east, the thermometer should read high. We had to flip the temperature part the opposite way from the build instructions.

Regardless, if you have a question, you should email it to Scott Evans at fllrobotgame@usfirst.org for confirmation. If a question is asked frequently, they will probably post a robot game update about it.
    http://firstlegoleague.org/challenge/robotgameupdates
    Last edited by Robomom; 09-03-2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Here is rule 28's text:

28 - PRECEDENCE/AUTHORITY
      • You get information about the robot game from more than one place. Once in a while, information from
      different places conflicts. So here is the order of precedence for the sources:
      1 = CURRENT Robot Game Updates, 2 = Missions and Field Setup, 3 = Rules
      • If something on a page conflicts with something else on the same page, the most sensible interpretation is assumed. If two interpretations seem equal, the interpretation most favorable for the team is assumed.
      • On all pages, videos and pictures are for guidance and example only. Often they can not express complete information, and are therefore misleading. When there is conflict between pictures/videos and text, the text takes
      precedence!
      • The head ref at a tournament is required to base decisions on the information above, in the order shown above.
      No other source of information is official, including e-mails from Robot Game Support.
      --Laura

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X