Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacteria and Colors

I got a response from Scott, summarized:

- "A drop of any color reduces the value of all emptied dispensers." So the other colors in the dispensors are really meaningless, other than to help the refs reset the field quicker.
    - The yellow bacteria are of a different color for the ease of referees.
    - It is not necessary to get all 48 bacteria in the base before delivery to the sink, just the ones that you do deliver must have been in the base first.

Re: Bacteria and Colors

Originally posted by hastypete View Post
    "A drop of any color reduces the value of all emptied dispensers."
    This is indeed the literal interpretation of the DISINFECT mission, though I was hoping it might be amended so that some dispensers could get 12 points even if a different color bacterium was dropped.

This increases the risk of the HAND WASH/BACTERIAL mission significantly. One drop loses 20 points. One would need to deliver at least 7 bacteria to the sink just to break even with a drop.

This will be an interesting tradeoff to consider - a slower accurate delivery system that retains these 20 points vs. a fast less accurate delivery system that must make up for the loss of 20 points and then some.
    Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Re: Bacteria and Colors

Originally posted by begotus View Post
      This is indeed the literal interpretation of the DISINFECT mission, though I was hoping it might be amended so that some dispensers could get 12 points even if a different color bacterium was dropped.
      Sorry to dash your hopes, but http://firstlegoleague.org/challenge/robotgameupdates says:
      8 - SPILLED BACTERIA
      One or more bacterium on the mat outside Base reduces the value of all empty dispensers from 12 points to 7 points. Color's not mentioned, so color's not a factor. The bacteria are only colored to help the field resetters avoid counting.

Comment

Working...
      X