Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table

Is it just us, or are you finding the dining table seems to collapse if someone breathes on it? Perhaps it is intentional. I have had two different kids pull out the instructions to build it and rebuild it, still flimsy.

Re: Table

Originally posted by ahalpryn View Post
    Is it just us, or are you finding the dining table seems to collapse if someone breathes on it? Perhaps it is intentional. I have had two different kids pull out the instructions to build it and rebuild it, still flimsy.
    The dining table I saw didn't collapse at all... Could you post pictures of the way yours is constructed?
    RoboDesigners

VRC Team 2190

Visit my website! www.RoboDesigners.com

Twitter: @RoboDesigners

Comment

Originally posted by ahalpryn View Post
      I've instructed my team to not breath on it. Yes it falls apart constantly.
      It may have to do with LEGO tolerances. Some pieces stick together better than others. Also I've found that if you leave your LEGO in a hot car all day it will never stick together as well again. Our cast from last year would fall apart if you looked at it after it was left in a car all day in a very hot car.

Comment

Hastypete, thanks for the confirmation.

I will give our team's master builder another shot at it but I think we are headed towards a few dabs of glue. I realize the competition tables may be flimsy too, but reassembling the !#$%& thing is just wasting valuable time.

Comment

Originally posted by hastypete View Post
          I've instructed my team to not breath on it. Yes it falls apart constantly.
          It may have to do with LEGO tolerances. Some pieces stick together better than others. Also I've found that if you leave your LEGO in a hot car all day it will never stick together as well again. Our cast from last year would fall apart if you looked at it after it was left in a car all day in a very hot car.
          Ours seem to be breath-resistant, but they are flimsy. I broke the top on both of ours when I initially put on the dual lock, and every time we have to remove one we end up with a table leg still stuck to the mat. I have learned how to put them back on without breaking the top, but I also give them a good squeeze (bottom to top) to make sure they're put back together as tightly as possible

I helped build the competition tables for our region last week; all of them have the same problem. So at least our kids will practice in the same environment as for tournaments, and can deal with it if necessary.

No hot car was involved in our build, unless the shipping truck was too hot inside.

I swear I posted this yesterday, but it's not here. Possibly I didn't hit "submit reply" like I thought.... But in any case, if the other post does show up, I'm sorry for the duplicate.
          Kansas City Region Head Ref 2014-present
          KC Region coaches and teams can ask FLL robot game rules questions at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X