Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the maximum possible score?

Originally posted by educatedrobot View Post
    After the first challenge update with the "per bin" wording correction, the kids came to the same conclusion that Scott did, that this was apparent and could not be taken "literally" any other way.
    I asked Scott a follow-up question about this, but I'm curious to hear your analysis. What text lead you to conclude the bars are useless after leaving the transfer? Why can't Your Robot move Their Bin from Your East Transfer into Your West Transfer Area and score 7 points/bar?

Originally posted by educatedrobot View Post
    I would not go as far as to say that it changes to "Our" bin. I like Scott's wording of "universal property"
    Well, it's either Our bin or it's Nobody's bin because we know it is no longer Your bin or Their bin. There are only 4 options. Maybe it becomes God's Bin.
    Last edited by WilliamFrantz; 09-25-2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamFrantz View Post
      Accepting your 15 bar limit, I think you mean to say the maximum score would be 210 (60 + 60 + (6 * 15)) because you can't get 7 points for the bar sitting on the transfer AND 60 points for the bin in safety. Those conditions seem mutually exclusive.

However, Scott wouldn't score it that way... see my next post...
      I think I understand now.
      FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamFrantz View Post

I know none of this is official without an update to the rules and I'm particularly disappointed that Scott seems to think it's clear the bars become "useless" (I don't see it) but perhaps this will also be clarified in the TBD M04 update. Nonetheless, if I go with Scott's answers and the rules as written, I'll say the maximum possible score is 1166 (or possibly 1206). I score M01+M04 up to 351 if you have a cooperative neighbor but don't you reciprocate.
        It is often the case that when Scott issues an update for something he feels is obvious, the situation becomes more cloudy.
        FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Working...
        X