Large Package Scoring Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Package Scoring Question

How many points would be scored for bringing the large package with the toy plane to safety? i.e. if the team did nothing with the black bars...just merely bring the package to safety?

Re: Large Package Scoring Question

Originally posted by nedcook View Post
    How many points would be scored for bringing the large package with the toy plane to safety? i.e. if the team did nothing with the black bars...just merely bring the package to safety?
    It looks like the net effect would be just +8 points (+40 points for bringing the toy plane to safety, loss of 8*2 = -16 points for no longer scoring two black bars in their original Setup position, and -8*2 = -16 points for two black bars 'anywhere else' (first bullet and third bullet, respectively, of section of M04 regarding scoring black bars). But, there are several options of how to work with those black bars to regain some of the lost points.

Comment

OK thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigP View Post
        It looks like the net effect would be just +8 points (+40 points for bringing the toy plane to safety, loss of 8*2 = -16 points for no longer scoring two black bars in their original Setup position, and -8*2 = -16 points for two black bars 'anywhere else' (first bullet and third bullet, respectively, of section of M04 regarding scoring black bars). But, there are several options of how to work with those black bars to regain some of the lost points.
        I concur with your net +8 point analysis.

Teams who don't want to tackle a drive mechanism for the Sorter are probably going to plan on a trip to the landfill bin (to dispose of the unwanted black bars). Kinda like my weekends, except my locality has manual sorting options there (pits you can toss various items into where they are recycled - no mechanism required except old reliable gravity).
        Last edited by Tom Mosher; 09-30-2015, 03:42 PM.
        FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Working...
        X