Careers mission (extra person?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Careers mission (extra person?)

M05 states 60 points for atleast 1 person in the sorter area. But we have 2 people in the model. So is it really 60 per person? If not what is the extra person for?

thanks

Re: Careers mission (extra person?)

The way I read it is you get 60 points for 1 person in the sorter area; you still only get 60 points even if you put 2 people there.

You could put the other person in a circle I guess...wouldn't a person qualify as an animal? Just a thought. No idea whether or not that would be accepted.

Comment

The extra person might be useful for multiple attempts at M05. For example, the robot could fling a person at the Sorter from Safety and hope the person scores. If it works, great, it barely takes a second off the clock. If it fails, you could try again with the second person, maybe using a different, slower, more accurate tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by pnpgator View Post
        M05 states 60 points for atleast 1 person in the sorter area. But we have 2 people in the model. So is it really 60 per person? If not what is the extra person for?

thanks
        It is 60 points for at least one person. The the score is based on per-instance, the rule will clearly say so (see M11 for example).
        The purpose of the second person is not specifically stated.
        FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

I think there are two reasons behind having 2 minifigs when only 1 is necessary to score.

1. The team can decide whether to take 1 (possibly making a more streamlined solution) or both (possibly increasing consistency) people (or as WilliamFrantz suggests, they could send the people at different times for a potential redundancy.)

2. This way there is a man and a woman minfig. Representation in STEM is important, after all.
          Team members and coaches in North Carolina, direct your rules questions to referee@nc-fll.com

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamFrantz View Post
            For example, the robot could fling a person at the Sorter from Safety and hope the person scores.
            Exactly. For my team, the extra person is a chance to go for the coolest, most awesome blaze-of-glory solution to a mission.

Comment

Working...
            X