Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

slingshot bonus points

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slingshot bonus points

    15 extra points for delivering the slingshot AND the dirty water/rain to the target area. Where's the catch? Couldn't your robot just push the slingshot to where it needs to be, and it wouldn't take any extra effort to keep those two pieces inside the slingshot? Or am I missing something?

  • #2

    Seems like ours fall out if the unit is bumped. Not sure if that's the expected behavior, and I don't have one handy to look at; but that's my remembrance of it from handling it at our last meeting.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by nedcook View Post
      Seems like ours fall out if the unit is bumped. Not sure if that's the expected behavior, and I don't have one handy to look at; but that's my remembrance of it from handling it at our last meeting.
      Ours are kept inside the unit by the black bar, and they stay there somewhat securely until you push down on the yellow plunger.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ae5880 View Post
        15 extra points for delivering the slingshot AND the dirty water/rain to the target area. Where's the catch? Couldn't your robot just push the slingshot to where it needs to be, and it wouldn't take any extra effort to keep those two pieces inside the slingshot? Or am I missing something?
        This mission bonus also made me wonder. I think in the end, if all three items (slingshot, rain water, dirty water) are all completely in the target - the bonus scores. There must have been one point in time during the mission development where the waters being in or out of the slingshot was going to be a factor, but those ideas were amended by the final challenge release.

        And agree, the black bar should be closed at Field Setup time, the waters are much less likely to fall out in that configuration.

        Comment


        • #5
          I do not know what the game rules for english are showing.
          The german version pictures on M17 show to pictures of bonus
          One with the waters inside the slingshot
          One with the waters outside the slingshot, but on the target area.

          A third picture shows the slingshot in the targe area, the waters more or less outside without bonus.

          So for my POV, just move the slingshot with the water, that's it.

          Also the text says inside the target not inside the target but, released from slingshot

          As mentioned before, read GP02.
          (+_+)(-_-)(_ _)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ae5880 View Post

            Ours are kept inside the unit by the black bar, and they stay there somewhat securely until you push down on the yellow plunger.
            How are the waters being kept in place by the black bar? My build has that well above the top of the waters; it's holding up the plunger.
            Kansas City Region Head Ref 2014-present
            KC Region coaches and teams can ask FLL robot game rules questions at kcfllref@gmail.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by someonewhobikes View Post

              How are the waters being kept in place by the black bar? My build has that well above the top of the waters; it's holding up the plunger.
              So the plunger is kind of fixed in his motion. Without the black bar aligned the plunger will be lower or better movable.
              (+_+)(-_-)(_ _)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by someonewhobikes View Post

                How are the waters being kept in place by the black bar? My build has that well above the top of the waters; it's holding up the plunger.
                Yes, that's what I meant; the waters are not likely to come out without applying a force to the plunger, or shaking/dropping the unit. That's why I thought the extra points were kind of a freebie.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Look at "hydro-dynamics-challenge-guide-letter.pdf". pg 28. For the slingshot bonus it shows 2 pictures of "bonus added", one of which has the waters retained in the slingshot. You're OK with the waters retained, and the black bar in place.

                  Question: if the slingshot is on its side, but completely in black, does it count?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The only requirement is for
                    Move the SlingShot so it is completely in its target
                    The mission doesn't say anything about orientation, and so by
                    GP2 - INTERPRETATION
                    * If a detail isn't mentioned, then it doesn't matter.
                    it can be on it's side.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We load our slingshot on a side arm, small waters facing 'up'. Come parallel to the barrier, the yellow 'button' is facing West. The slingshot often lands at an angle with its base resting on the side wall, waters facing 45" up and to the East.

                      Had our qualifier today, got full points.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X