No announcement yet.

Glue the mission model pieces together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue the mission model pieces together?

I saw you guys were talking about glue.

Another topic is has anyone tried to glue the mission model pieces together? Some of the mission models are really easy to break, such as the crater and the satellites.
    I don't really think it is a good idea to use glue to hold the pieces together, because I think I should leave them as is, so when the kids were running their missions, they knew they have to gracefully control the motor not to break the satellites.
    However, it is really a pain when we have to put everything in to a box. We do not have a room that is dedicated to solely us. Instead, we have a portable table and we need to set it up every time and tear it down when we finish. Almost every time when we took the mission models out of the box, the crater and the satellites are broken, and the someone needs to get the building instruction to fix it.

How do you guys handle this kind of situation?

Last year we scotch-taped a couple of particularly fragile models. We kept dropping the big waters, and I think a portion of the base of the water transfer model. Of course, you have to consider that this might change the way the game is played (having to be gentle anyway), but ours was just a practical matter for storage and transport.

Comment

Large zip lock bags. Putting models in individual bags and putting the bags in a box results in less breakage, and if you do get some breakage you know which parts go with which model.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Hystad View Post
        Large zip lock bags. Putting models in individual bags and putting the bags in a box results in less breakage, and if you do get some breakage you know which parts go with which model.
        That sounds a good idea, we will try it.
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by OllyLi View Post
          Another topic is has anyone tried to glue the mission model pieces together?
          Oh, no! Not the Kragle!

Comment

Working...
          X