Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop the robot right after it completes the last planned mission?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop the robot right after it completes the last planned mission?

If the robot is stopped programmatically after it finishes the last planned mission and does not go all the way back to the base, do we still get all the scores? Thanks
    Last edited by rhf417; 11-28-2018, 11:20 AM.

Can you find anything in the rules that says the robot ever has to return to base?

Comment

I can not find anything says the robot has to return to base. However, I know that it has to go back to base by itself for the next launch. Otherwise, you have to take it back by hand and get penalty.
      Just want to make sure that there will be no penalty if it does not come back in the end.

Comment

Are you going to pick up the robot and return it to base? The penalty is for touching the robot, not for bringing the robot back to base.
        Last edited by Dean Hystad; 11-28-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhf417 View Post
          I can not find anything says the robot has to return to base.
          You are correct.

FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

However, if one of your missions require something be returned to base (gas in core sample, space station cone segment, or lander mission) then that aspect of the mission must be accomplished by returning. But if all your scoring has been accomplished, then, yes, you can leave the robot where it stops.

Comment

Working...
            X