Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the shortest LEGO-made FLL-legal cable out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the shortest LEGO-made FLL-legal cable out there?

Hi guys,
    What is the shortest cable out there which are FLL-lega?
    Thanks!

I found this one (20cm): https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog...ge?P=55804#T=C
    Not sure if it is the shortest...
    Last edited by ws1088; 01-11-2019, 01:25 AM.

Originally posted by ws1088 View Post
    Hi guys,
    What is the shortest cable out there which are FLL-lega?
    Thanks!

I found this one (20cm): https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog...ge?P=55804#T=C
    Not sure if it is the shortest...
    Yes, that's the shortest FLL-legal cable available.

Comment

I have a 12 cm cable that I think may be a HiTechnic part even though I'm sure I got it from Pitsco Dacta back before LEGO Education. It is so short that I almost never use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Hystad View Post
        I have a 12 cm cable that I think may be a HiTechnic part even though I'm sure I got it from Pitsco Dacta back before LEGO Education. It is so short that I almost never use it.
        saw it: https://www.hitechnic.com/cgi-bin/co...on&key=NWS1000
        is it FLL-legal though?

Comment

Not to encourage cheating or anything, but would a team ever be told that their robot design is illegal because of a cable? I can understand if you were using 3d printed parts that are not parts that Lego makes, or a sensor not from Lego, but a cable? Would a robot design judge even notice, especially if it is tucked in underneath the brick or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Carey View Post
            Not to encourage cheating or anything, but would a team ever be told that their robot design is illegal because of a cable? I can understand if you were using 3d printed parts that are not parts that Lego makes, or a sensor not from Lego, but a cable? Would a robot design judge even notice, especially if it is tucked in underneath the brick or something?
            No, probably not. As a design judge, I only notice cables if they are a) poorly integrated with the base bot, so that they actually cause problems for keeping the bot within base or b) extremely well- tucked under the robot so that they are barely visible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Carey View Post
              I don't think the Robot Design judges are required to inspect the robot for illegal parts. Referees do, though. It would take a very experienced Referee who knows a lot about LEGO kits to spot a non-LEGO cable - so it's not likely, but could happen.
              FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Working...
              X