Small Inspection Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Inspection Area

I see that there is a 5 point advantage on most missions if the robot will fit in the small inspection area. What is your interpretation of this? Does this mean that before the game begins, your robot AND ALL ATTACHMENTS you are going to use for ALL missions, has to fit in that small area in order to qualify for the extra points?

If so, I know our robot and attachments from last year wouldn't come close.

Thoughts?

Yes, according to Rule 19 which is in the "before the match timer starts" section, you must show the referee that all your equipment which includes all attachments (including jigs) for all missions can fit into one of two inspection areas (no off-field storage). The general consensus is that FLL is trying to encourage smaller more efficient robots/attachments this year. The additional part of the rule that not a lot of people are talking about is that if you can't fit within the small inspection area, you still have to be able to fit within the large inspection area (you don't get both areas).

Comment

Originally posted by is1c View Post
      The additional part of the rule that not a lot of people are talking about is that if you can't fit within the small inspection area, you still have to be able to fit within the large inspection area (you don't get both areas).
      Yes, even the "large" inspection area is not very big, and will be a challenge for the larger bots and attachments. I think the rule is a nice change of pace. Last season, I judged some awesome robots that I marked down in the rubrics in the "Mechanical Efficiency" area. They definitely did not show a "streamlined use of parts".

Comment

Working...
      X