Mission 11 combined with mission 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission 11 combined with mission 12

Does anyone know what the rules would be on stacking the building units and then putting the innovative architecture on with them? I can't see anywhere in the rules that this wouldn't count.

Thank you!

As with all FLL Robot Game rules, if a detail isn't mentioned, then it isn't important.

Here are the mission requirements for M11:

Mission 11 Innovative architecture (score one or the other)
    If there is a team-designed Structure clearly bigger than a Blue Building Unit, built only from your white LEGO bricks
    - Completely In any Circle: 15
    - Partly in any Circle: 10
    For other missions, such as M12, if there was a requirement for something to be touching the mat, it would be stated. M11 has no such requirement, so if you want to put your innovative architecture on top of something else, then that is ok.
    Norfolk, Virginia, USA
    FLL Coach and Regional Tournament Head judge since 2014

Comment

Mission 11 only needs to be built from bag 10, bigger than a Blue Unit and partially or completely in any circle. No other limitations or requirements. The rules for Mission 12 do not prohibit completing Mission 12 with any other mission, including Mission 11.
      But, I would suggest that the Mission 11 Structure is not the same as an Independent Stack discussed in Mission 12 for scoring purposes of Mission 12 because you cannot build and bring mission models to the Match unless the rules allow it. The rules allow it only for Mission 11.
      FLL coach Trash Trek on, State 4x, World 2x, ref, judge advisor.

Comment

Mission 12 refers to "Independent Stacks". If "Independent" in this case means "not touching any equipment", then I'd argue that stacking your innovative architecture on top of a stack would render that stack non-independent, because your innovative architecture structure is equipment (since you brought it to the match).

Comment

Originally posted by pmchen View Post
          Mission 12 refers to "Independent Stacks". If "Independent" in this case means "not touching any equipment", then I'd argue that stacking your innovative architecture on top of a stack would render that stack non-independent, because your innovative architecture structure is equipment (since you brought it to the match).
          Ah, yes. Interesting. I would agree. Your mission 11 model would definitely be equipment, not a model, per the definition ("...anything you bring to a Match..."). Very good catch.

Comment

I agree. M11 would score, but not M12.
            Norfolk, Virginia, USA
            FLL Coach and Regional Tournament Head judge since 2014

Comment

I hadn't thought of that. That's really interesting, because the other take would be that it is a mission model, because it comes from the bags of mission model parts. However, the definition of Equipment is rather broad this year...

Comment

Working...
              X