Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mission 12 question - build then place or build in circle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission 12 question - build then place or build in circle??

For mission 12 does anyone know if the team has to build the units on the board (carry each individual unit to the circle and place it) or can they stack it in the staging area on a robot attachment and then place the robot in the launch area to carry it to the circle and slide it off somehow (forklift with an ejector)? I don;t see anythingin the rules that would preclude them from building, say, a 4 block high structure and moving it out in one piece to a circle.

The description for each mission is pretty short, and it says what you have to do. If the mission description doesn't mention carrying the units individually to the circle and building stacks there, then I don't think that is a rule. Don't make the game harder than it has to be.

Comment

That was my thought too but I was looking for some clarification. Building on site (in the circle) by carrying each level out there one by one would eat up a lot of time and be fairly complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbeltx2 View Post
        ... Building on site (in the circle) by carrying each level out there one by one would eat up a lot of time and be fairly complicated.
        When I serve as a Head Referee, I ask the Referees to let me know when a team does cool and or difficult things like this so I can see for myself instead of just hearing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbeltx2 View Post
          Building on site (in the circle) by carrying each level out there one by one would eat up a lot of time and be fairly complicated.
          Rule 35 says
          Only the final (end-of-Match) condition of your Field is evaluated for scoring.
          Since the Mission does not say anything about the methods your team has to use to achieve the result, it doesn't matter. As long as you are doing allowable Launches, the end result scores the same whether you use 1 run or 22.
          Steve Scherr
          Referee and Judge, Virginia-DC, Maryland, and Ohio
          FLL Global Head Referee

Comment

Working...
          X