Scoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring

AS you might be able to tell from previous posts, I like to share what my different teams debate about. Below is a picture of mission 12. Two teams were debating the scoring.
    Team 1 gave it 10 points for matching base, 25 points for 5 levels for a total of 35 points
    Team 2 gave it 25 points for 5 levels but insisted that the bottom level would not get the ten points because the base was both red and white.

I told them that my interpretation is that it would score the 35 points because of the wording: one color-matching Unit Completely in, and Flat Down on the mat. It doesn't specify that it has to be the only color touching the mat.

Would you agree with my interpretation?

Comment

related question, would the following score the same as the picture above?

Comment

The first part of mission 12 is an independent scoring condition than the second part. To score the first part "is there any circle with at least one color-matching unit (doesn't say anything about a stack) completely in, flat down on the mat?" If yes = 10 points.

Comment

The two photos would score the same because the red module is still completely in (as far as I can tell).

Comment

Team 2 ... insisted that the bottom level would not get the ten points because the base was both red and white.
            Team 2 is using a rule that doesn't exist.

And both photos score the same (one circle for LOCATION and 5 levels for HEIGHT) - because the Red unit is completely-in the color-matching circle. The stack being not-completely-in is not a factor in the LOCATION part of the mission.
            Last edited by Tom Mosher; 10-11-2019, 12:29 PM.
            FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Color match = yes
              Total independent stacks = 1
              levels stack = 5
              35 points shown
              (both pictures)

Comment

Working...
              X