confirm meaning of "flat down"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confirm meaning of "flat down"

At the Coaches Clinic today, someone asked if the grey side of the units had to be on the bottom side to satisfy the condition of "flat down". Since the rules don't mention the grey parts of the units, I interpret it as the grey side doesn't have to be on the bottom to satisfy this criteria. Please confirm if my interpretation is correct or not.

A second question was if some units are at an angle so none of their surfaces are parallel to the table, would they still count as one level in the stack. I don't have any field models handy to take a picture now.

The gray side of the building units has no special status. It does not have to be on the bottom.

If a mission mentions "flat down on the mat", then one surface must be in complete contact with the mat, and that will be "Level 1". "At an angle" and "not parallel to the table" doesn't seem to meet the requirement.
    FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback.

The unit at an angle was on top of another unit that was flat down. The question was if the unit at an angle could still qualify as a second, third or fourth level. Sorry for not being clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by philso View Post
        Thanks for your feedback.

The unit at an angle was on top of another unit that was flat down. The question was if the unit at an angle could still qualify as a second, third or fourth level. Sorry for not being clearer.
        I don't think so. The mission rule is pretty clear that the upper layers must be flat down on the layers below it.
        FIRST LEGO League Mentor and Referee/Head Referee since 2011.

Comment

Working...
        X