Animation Competition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation Competition

Does anyone know what the prompt for the animation competition this year?

Re: Animation Competition

I'd like to know the same! Has it not been released yet? :O

Comment

because the stuff is out now I am having some problems with the character rig. it's a 3ds max file so i was going to open it in 3ds max and convert it to maya but that didn't even work. it gave me some "CAT.dlc" error and I couldn't even open it in max. i downloaded it from here and it gave me a folder containing folders named; Archives, autoback, downloads, export, express, import, materiallibraries, previews, proxies, renderoutput, renderpresets, sceneassets, scenes, and vpost. There was also a file in this folder titled IkoRig_MaxProject.mxp. I was assuming that this was the rig but when I tried importing it into maya i got a message saying, "unrecognized file type". What do i do now? i have a mac so i can only use maya. Thanks.

Comment

Hey,

Now that they updated the page and added a maya version I have been working on it but I have still been having some issues. It has to do with the skin weighting in maya. It seems that when I paint skin weights it tends to warp the actual skin a bit. Some examples are attached.

The first picture is when I have the skin weighted.
        The second is when I removed the weighting.

I know that it doesn't look like much at the moment but when I am finished with all of the weighting on the model it looks very sloppy and deformed. Please help me out here. Thank you.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hey, also, because I am relatively new to maya i could also use some help with another problem that I am having. Before when I would hold down the right mouse button on an object I would get the choices: Object Mode, Vertex Mode, Face Mode, etc. Now when I right click it says: Isoparm, Object Mode, Hull, Surface UV, Surface point, Surface Patch, and Control Vertex. How do I change it back?

Comment

Working...
          X