Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoboRIO not conect to radio on power up

Hello Support,

We have been having this problem. After power up there is no connection to the roboRIO. When looking at the LAN connection LED's near the LAN connector neither LED is on. No LAN / activity, when this happens if the roboRIO reset button is pressed the LAN and activity LED's then come on and we are able to connect to the roboRIO.

So the question is what is causing the roboRIO LAN not coming up when both robot is powered up? It seems that the radio needs to up first in order to get the communications working.

Could you make any suggesting to what is causing the issue.

Thanks,
    -pete

Re: RoboRIO not conect to radio on power up

It is likely that you are running into the issue described in a Team Update a few weeks ago. Please verify that you are using the port labeled 802.11af (the port farthest from the power connector) to connect the radio to the roboRIO. If this is the case, move that connection to the other port and you should not see the issue.
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Re: RoboRIO not conect to radio on power up

Hi Kevin,

I believe it was in that port (farthest from the power connector). I will double check and if issue is still there I will try moving to the other port and see what happens.

Thanks,
      -pete

Comment

Working...
      X